1. Don't care that much, if it's a bonus it's okay. Wasn't strong as an opener anyway.
  2. what the f!!k they playing at??? why??? its the start of the show, kingdom in the background- larrys drumming( awesome) why oh why would or should it be cut out??if its because bono fluffed his lines then surely they could of smoothed over it in editing?? and why is it always the usa shows that get the nod for the live release?? the usa crowds are well...SHIT!! (sorry if ive offended anyone) i bet they could of released the cardiff show, which was the dogs ballocks!! ive got countless dvds from the 2009 leg of the tour, (including the rose-bowl..uncut) so personally i wont be giving my hard earned cash for a lie. youve really let me down boys, are you really grabbing what you can and running?? as a die - hard fan im hurt...............peace. G.
    bono preaches this and that.........what a load of bollax. sorry fans, it has to be said.
  3. Get On Your Boots is a better opener anyway.
  4. I don't think it's a good idea, but we'll see how it ends up. There must be a valid reason.

5. i strongly disagree- what a crap song, the worst on the album. how would that song work as an opener??? answer....it wouldnt. can u imagine the boys walking on and start playing that?? it just doesnt work for me. a better opener for me (if it has to be a track from nloth) is "fez-being born again" on the new album there isnt really a "streets" or a "zoo station" or a "m.o.f.o" and not even a "vertigo'. so to choose an opener for the shows is a tricky one???? but hey!! c,mon breathe isnt that bad- is it?? lets just hope that thet are doing any old "crap" to get our attention and then swiftly exiting from the back door. i get the feeling they are.
  6. on the next leg of the 360* tour i really hope that the boys do themselves and the fans proud.
    they need to give the show that all their fans are desperately waiting for- after all as bono said "this tour is as much about the fans as anything" -"every fan in the stadium should feel like we are playing just to them" u2 gigs have always been much more of a spiritual thing than a plain old rock-n-roll show to me, and this was lacking a bit on the 1st leg of 360* tour. im eagerly awaiting the up-coming euro shows and hoping and praying that each show gets to the heights where we all know u2 shows can go-( whether breathe is an opener or not ??????? personally i liked it.
  7. I didn't vote because "It's fucked" wasn't one of the options.

8. That should have been an option.

I vote we just do what he always do, when we have a problemn with a pro-shot DVD, and blame Hamish Hamilton.
  9. breathe is one of the best songs on the album. pity its not on it
  10. I'm unsure about the idea of removing the opening song. It wont sound "right" now. As someone said they don't just walk onstage and start playing Get on your boots.

However if they had to leave out 1 song it should have been Breathe no matter when it was played. The song is weak and certainly not the albums best. I wish Zoo Station was part of the setlist now that would be a good opener!.
  11. When I watch a U2's live DVD I expect to find a REAL show, I want to feel as if I was there although I wasn't.....I couldn't stand to miss the opener, and SUCH an opener.

I think Breathe is one of the best songs from NLOTH, my personal favourite from the album, but apart from that, I think one of the reasons why we all love U2 so much, is because they speak to the hearts of people, no need to edit a track to hide mistakes in lyrics... In how many concerts in the past Bono forgot the words but ...who cares? he's deep and intense and breathtaking, always.

Last thing, many of us fans would buy the bonus DVD anyway, just to have all the songs, there's no need to capture our attention in this way
    Just hope they willl leave Breathe in the setlist of the new european leg of 360° tour...
  12. on one hand i totally agree that breathe is not a great song and IMO a close second ever weakest opening to a U2 show after the arcade fire/vertigo sequence on the last tour.

but then on the other hand (as people have said above) IT IS the opening song!!!!!!! and IT WAS the opening song on every date except one!! so when i buy an official dvd of a U2 tour, one of the main memories that i want to re-live whilst watching is the opening sequence which in this case is the space oddity/kingdom/breathe sequence which although not my favourite part of the show is naturally one of the most if not THE most exciting parts of the show!!!

so yea i am pretty pissed off about it but not altogether that surprised... i will file it with all the other U2 related disappointments from last year (GOYB, no bsides on any of the singles, the 360 setlist and no UK dates for 2010 to name but a few)...

if they had to drop a song from NLOTH couldn't it have been boots seeing as its the biggest most embarrassing piece of shit they have ever released as a single?