1. Hi guys,

I've read the FAQ's and the instructuons on the photo page regarding the size and quality of the photos that should be uploaded, but I still have a question/query.

I'd like to start giving something back rather than just taking from U2start (you guys are wonderful). I've found some photos I took at Wembley and Murrayfield in Popmart. Now these photos are just prints, I don't have the original negative and they are certainly not in a digital form at the minute. I doubt they meet the criteria of 1400 pixels. However, there are no photos on the Show pages for these gigs so I was wondering if the photos I have could go through a 'vetting/checking' process before I upload them. I can scan the photos in and e-mail to anyone who would like to see and check them.

At the minute I only have 3 photos. 2 of the stage from the back of an empty stadium (1 in Wembley, 1 in Murrayfield) and one photo of Bono during EBTTRT (I know it's that song because I remember the ridiculous muscle man shirt he wore for it!). However, I know I have others somewhere (finding them may be difficult!), both of Popmart and Elevation tours.

Hope I can help and the above makes sense!

Cheers

Nick
  2. Originally posted by nickbibby:Hi guys,

I've read the FAQ's and the instructuons on the photo page regarding the size and quality of the photos that should be uploaded, but I still have a question/query.

I'd like to start giving something back rather than just taking from U2start (you guys are wonderful). I've found some photos I took at Wembley and Murrayfield in Popmart. Now these photos are just prints, I don't have the original negative and they are certainly not in a digital form at the minute. I doubt they meet the criteria of 1400 pixels. However, there are no photos on the Show pages for these gigs so I was wondering if the photos I have could go through a 'vetting/checking' process before I upload them. I can scan the photos in and e-mail to anyone who would like to see and check them.

At the minute I only have 3 photos. 2 of the stage from the back of an empty stadium (1 in Wembley, 1 in Murrayfield) and one photo of Bono during EBTTRT (I know it's that song because I remember the ridiculous muscle man shirt he wore for it!). However, I know I have others somewhere (finding them may be difficult!), both of Popmart and Elevation tours.

Hope I can help and the above makes sense!

Cheers

Nick

Scan and upload them and let us judge. And a good scan can give a proper resolution. And to be honest, I prefer good photos with less resolution above crappy photos with big resolution. It's about the photo in the end, not the size..
  3. Cool,

If you don't like them once they're uploaded, you can delete as neccesary. I'll post back in this thread once I've done it (will be tomorrow night British time now).

Cheers

Nick
  4. Of course it all makes sense, man, and if you have the normal 10x15 cms analogic photo, when it's scanned it will be REALLY big, believe me

It's always great to have older photos, I'm tired of the 3894578347 photos of every Vertigo and 360 show

Thanks in advance
  5. Right guys,

I've just uploaded the photos, so check them and see what you think!

Nick

6. Great photos Nick, really amazing for that era. Just approved them all. Keep them coming!
  7. Thanks Remy,

It means alot to me that I can start giving to U2start. I know I have better ones. I remember having an amazing one of Bono with his guitar just about to go down the walkway to the B-stage during the outro of Last Night On Earth (why don't they bring that back - amazing live!!!) and an even better one of Bono singing at the second night of Earl's Court in Elevation. The problem is finding them!!!! They may be somewhere at my parents so I'll be back home with the folks at Christmas and hopefully we'll be able to enjoy more in the New Year!!!

Cheers

Nick
  8. My sister worked in the early 90's in a photoshop in Rotterdam and there was
    a press photograph who let my sister photo developing his pictures
    She dubble printed it (The photo's where of course for me )
    i will look if i can found them and upgrade them my parents got a scanner ..
    Those are pictures of the ZooTv shows i also got a part of pictures of the concert in nijmegen 93
    some in colour others in black and white i can see what i can do for us
    i think there in a box on the loft
  9. We may have started a new craze here guys!

Everyone should get into their loft / attic / cellar right now and start digging out the oldies.
  10. Originally posted by nickbibby:We may have started a new craze here guys!

Everyone should get into their loft / attic / cellar right now and start digging out the oldies.

yep i think so i will look sunday if i can find it ...