1. It's that Welsh air, see.

2. Checked it. Are you sure the guys around you didn't smoke pot?

3. Yep. Standard sized gap. Not longer than usual.
  4. I did it, I made my choice - went with Moment of Surrender. It was a toss-up between MoS, UC and NLOTH - Breathe et al are awesome mind, but the other three are just a step up in my opinion - and I just think it's a great closer that really connects with something inside in the same way, a live classic in the making I think. Miles better than SYCMIOYO live, at any rate
  5. Originally posted by WojBhoy:I did it, I made my choice - went with Moment of Surrender. It was a toss-up between MoS, UC and NLOTH - Breathe et al are awesome mind, but the other three are just a step up in my opinion - and I just think it's a great closer that really connects with something inside in the same way, a live classic in the making I think. Miles better than SYCMIOYO live, at any rate

haha some kind of an understatement. I loved it straight away from the first night of the tour. Much depends on Bono's voice though.
  6. Originally posted by dieder:haha some kind of an understatement. I loved it straight away from the first night of the tour. Much depends on Bono's voice though.

I get what you mean about the voice, but I think whatever shape it's in, it's the emotion he puts into it that really captures the whole feel of the song and is kinda mesmerising too.

On the whole I think the band put together an album that had so much potential to translate well live and I feel the difficulty I had in choosing my favourite from those played so far reflects that. Boots, NLOTH and Breathe are live monsters in the sense of giant chords, big riffs etc., I'll Go Crazy... is a great attempt at fun experimentation, Magnificent harks back to the glory days of Pride etc., UC is just class, but MoS tops them all in its understated yet spectacular manner. A lot of hyperbole on my part (as ever ) but I've had to think about this one!
  7. Unknown Caller and I'll Go Crazy remix.

8. Now you mention it there was a certain odour...

I had no frame of reference - it seemed long enough to me. Awesome either way.
  9. Hard call. I think all 7 are fantastic live. I picked Unknown Caller just ahead of NLOTH and MOS.
  10. chose Crazy Tonight -- it's the song that hit me most on the opening night, and it continued to do so all shows after that I attended. And it's still getting me to my feet and dance to it every time I listen to a bootleg on my ipod. Amazing live version
  11. No Line On The Horizon without a doubt. Its the best song on the album and its the best song live. It also should be opening the show instead of Breathe IMO.