1. hi
    Downloaded divx from this site but winrar programme i have won't open it for me. it says something about using previous volume. i'm baffled...any help out there?
    thanx
    danny
  2. You have to download ALL parts and then start with extracting with the first file. (always part1.rar)
  3. thanx
  4. one hint

7zip is actually the much faster rar/zip/archive packer. ..maybe try this one, it´s freeware
  5. Originally posted by Dug:one hint

7zip is actually the much faster rar/zip/archive packer. ..maybe try this one, it´s freeware

7zip is a bit less reliable tho. i tried it and had trouble as it would open some files but not others.
    winrar is a lot cleaner too, at least in my opinion
  6. I downloaded WinRAR to my MacBook, but I cannot get the file to extract/open for installation. Is there a specific version of WinRAR for Apple Mac computers? Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

ZooTV8
    Chicago, IL USA
    ZooTV8@yahoo.com
  7. Originally posted by ZooTV8:I downloaded WinRAR to my MacBook, but I cannot get the file to extract/open for installation. Is there a specific version of WinRAR for Apple Mac computers? Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

ZooTV8
    Chicago, IL USA
    ZooTV8@yahoo.com

www.u2start.com/help/bootlegs/

8. Remy, thank you, but this does not answer my question. I have successfully downloaded WinRAR from the company's source website, but I cannot get the compressed WinRAR file to extract. The www.u2start.com FAQ section does not state whether WinRAR can be installed on Apple Mac computers (the FAQ reference "PC"; are you using the term "PC" generically to include both IBM/Windows and Apple Mac machines, or is WinRAR for use exclusively with IBM-type machines?)

FROM FAQs:
    I downloaded a bootleg, but I get a .RAR/.ZIP file, how do I open it and what is it?!
    All the bootlegs (or at least the majority) are packed in zipped files with WinZIP or WinRAR to make the filesize smaller. You can unzip this package with WinRAR, a freeware tool which you can download for free at www.rarlabs.com. Then you'll open this downloaded file and click on "Extract" in WinRAR and you can specify where you want to have all the files of your bootleg. So all the MP3's (or WMA's etc) are packed in one file called a RAR/ZIP file which you can extract to your PC after downloading.

Thanks for any additional clarification and/or suggestions.

ZooTV8@yahoo.com
  9. Originally posted by ZooTV8:[..]

Remy, thank you, but this does not answer my question. I have successfully downloaded WinRAR from the company's source website, but I cannot get the compressed WinRAR file to extract. The www.u2start.com FAQ section does not state whether WinRAR can be installed on Apple Mac computers (the FAQ reference "PC"; are you using the term "PC" generically to include both IBM/Windows and Apple Mac machines, or is WinRAR for use exclusively with IBM-type machines?)

FROM FAQs:
    I downloaded a bootleg, but I get a .RAR/.ZIP file, how do I open it and what is it?!
    All the bootlegs (or at least the majority) are packed in zipped files with WinZIP or WinRAR to make the filesize smaller. You can unzip this package with WinRAR, a freeware tool which you can download for free at www.rarlabs.com. Then you'll open this downloaded file and click on "Extract" in WinRAR and you can specify where you want to have all the files of your bootleg. So all the MP3's (or WMA's etc) are packed in one file called a RAR/ZIP file which you can extract to your PC after downloading.

Thanks for any additional clarification and/or suggestions.

ZooTV8@yahoo.com

That's weird, I thought it was there. Anyway, you need Stuffit, that's the mac app.