1. U2
    August 13, 1992
    Giants Stadium
    East Rutherford, NJ, US

==================

16th anniversary MATRIX

==================

Source I: SBD, CDR "Bright Lights, Big City Remastered". Original notes below.
    Source II: AUD, Steve Hendrix DAT Master. Original notes below.

Lineage: pre-treating both sources > matrix > Steinberg ME > Sonic BBE > Har-Bal EQ > Waves Diamond > TLH > FLAC (6)

==================

I can't believe no-one tried this before: not the best sources in the world but together they shine like a diamond.

Some details: the SBD source was nice, but with ups and downs. Not bad at all, but a serious lack of highs and pretty harsh - hence the matrix. When Love Comes To Town came from an inferior source. Some tracks suffered from hiss, but most tracks were clean. I applied noise reduction only on a few tracks that needed it and between tracks. The only thing I failed to remove is a singing teakettle during the first half of All I Want Is You.

Some big and some small gaps: the beginning of Angel of Harlem is missing, a 11.3 second gap during Where the Streets Have No Name, a big gap during the guitar solo of Pride, five skips in Desire.

The AUD source was very good. Between Angel of Harlem and Bullet the Blue Sky the mics occasionally must have hit clothes, or there was an issue with wind or a loose cable. Luckily most bad spots were between tracks or during quiet parts and did only affect the very low (around 55Hz), so most of the bad parts could easily be removed with a notch filter. The encore was of considerably less quality but could be recovered.

As for the matrix: I played around with the levels until it sounded right. I wouldn't know the ratio, my guess would be around 25% AUD - 75% SBD but take that with a grain of salt and for the higher part of the spectrum this ratio might be opposite. The beginning of Angel of Harlem is AUD only. All other gaps and skips were repaired as good as possible. Most fixes you won't notice, but one in particular is very annoying. So it isn't perfectly flawless but hey, I can't make music out of nothing.

Overall sound came out pretty nice. Hope you'll enjoy this - I do.

THANKS TO STEVE & JASON FOR RECORDING & SHARING THE AUD SOURCE!

Cheers,

noiseless

August 2008

==================

01 Show Opening
    02 Zoo Station
    03 The Fly
    04 Even Better Than The Real Thing
    05 Mysterious Ways
    06 One > She's A Mystery To Me
    07 Until The End Of The World
    08 New Year's Day
    09 Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    10 Angel Of Harlem
    11 When Love Comes To Town
    12 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    13 All I Want Is You
    14 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    15 Bullet The Blue Sky
    16 Running To Stand Still
    17 Where The Streets Have No Name
    18 Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    19 Desire
    20 With Or Without You
    21 Love Is Blindness

************ ORIGINAL INFO FILE 1 ************

Bright Lights, Big City -- Under the New Jersey Lights REMASTERED
    ZooTV East Rutherford, New Jersey
    13 August 1992
    Disc 1:
    1. George Bush Rap
    2. Zoo Station
    3. The Fly
    4. Even Better Than the Real Thing
    5. Mysterious Ways
    6. One
    7. She's a Mystery To Me
    8. Until the End of the World
    9. New Year's Day
    10. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World (fade out)
    11. Angel of Harlem
    12. When Love Comes To Town

Disc 2:
    1. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    2. All I Want Is You
    3. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    4. Bullet the Blue Sky
    5. Running To Stand Still
    6. Where the Streets Have No Name
    7. Pride (In the Name of Love)
    8. Desire
    9. With Or Without You
    10. Love Is Blindness
    11. Zoo Station
    12. The Fly
    13. Even Better Than the Real Thing

Source: Disc 2 (11-13): March 20, 1992. New York, NY. Madison Square Garden.

NOTE: The original "Under the New Jersey Lights" bootleg was my first ever cassette to CDR conversion. At the time, I thought it was a thing of beauty. Part of what made me so excited about it was the rarity of the material with which I had to work. It's not every day that one runs across a rare soundboard recording and has the oportunity to distribute it to collectors worldwide. Unfortunately, my optimism regarding the recording has been tempered considerably as I have watched it spread throughout the U2 collecting world. I have seen the bootleg rated as low as "B-" on webpages, so I decided that it was time to re-master the original recording.

Since the original transfer, I have converted almost fifty shows to CDR and, therefore, have considerably more experience. As a result, I have been able to remove many of the flaws that people found in the original bootleg. For example, the high pitched "whining" sound that bothered so many collectors is now gone. A slight hollow sound can still be heard in the background if you crank the volume, but it is VERY minimal and is part of the original cassette recording. Another upgrade is the inclusion of "When Love Comes To Town". I managed to secure another cassette copy of this soundboard recording which contained a flawless version of the song.

The sound is still incredibly clear, with the time between songs being so silent that it almost sounds like dead air. However, every once in a while Bono breaks the silence, like when he shouts "Nice one!" to his fellow band members after "Zoo Station". The bootleg has a very raw sound, resembling the mono recording on "DC" more than the polished sound of "Zoo Europa". However, the crystal clear sound makes up for any lack of polish. It is simply unbelievable to listen to the television in the background as Bono addresses the crowd before "Even Better Than the Real Thing". I am confident that this new version of "Under the New Jersey Lights" is deserving of the "A+" rating which I have given it.

*This is the description from Justin's site. This concert came to me some years ago as Achtung Ya Rain Clouds but the tracks did not match that concert. With a little investigating, this concert is NOT Achtung Ya Rain Clouds, but rather Bright Lights, Big City. This is my first upload so I hope everything works out with this upload. More will follow. Fulfulling a request on this one.

CDR -> EAC(secure) -> dbPoweramp (SHN)

Jay

************ ORIGINAL INFO FILE 2 ************

U2
    A Steve Hendrix DAT Master
    1992-08-13 at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey
    Taper: Steve Hendrix
    Mastering: Jason Engel
    Location: Third row dead center in the rain in front of a monitor
    Source/Lineage: Audio Technica Lavalier Mics > Sony TCD-3 DAT > DAT Master tape > Sony 600 > Pioneer stand-alone CDR burner > CDR Master > EAC secure (WAV) > Soundforge 8 (edits) > CD Wave (tracking) > Trader's Little Helper (FLAC)

Recording Info:
    - Mics set to fla response instead of bass roll-off.
    - DAT set to minus 20dbs in SP mode

Mastering Info:
    - Three tracks total across two discs, used EAC in secure mode to pull WAV files off the CDs.
    - Joined the three WAV files into one (first splice is clean, but the start of the encore is an obvious break).
    - Fade-in start, fade-out at end of Pride, fade-in at start of Desire, fade-out end.

Disc 1:
    1. George Bush Rap
    2. Zoo Station
    3. The Fly
    4. Flipping Channels on the Zoo TV
    5. Even Better Than The Real Thing
    6. Mysterious Ways
    7. One - She's A Mystery To Me
    8. Until The End Of The World
    9. New Year's Day
    10. Larry Talking
    11. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    12. Angel Of Harlem
    13. When Love Comes To Town
    14. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    15. All I Want Is You

Disc 2:
    1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    2. Bullet The Blue Sky
    3. Running To Stand Still
    4. Where The Streets Have No Name
    5. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    6. Desire
    7. With Or Without You
    8. Love Is Blindness

MANY THANKS TO THE TAPERS !!!!!!!!

http://rapidshare.com/files/149560304/U2start.com_-_1992-08-13_-_East_Rutherford__Anniversary_Matrix___lossy_upgrade_.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/149560896/U2start.com_-_1992-08-13_-_East_Rutherford__Anniversary_Matrix___lossy_upgrade_.part2.rar
  2. Downloading. Im very excited

Thanks
  3. Thank you for this
  4. This one is already on this site... Correct me if I'm wrong
  5. Yep, already here.. Thanks though!

6. This is indeed most typical of matrix mixing

I hope I'll have a listen later!
  7. I know this is years later, but any chance someone has this in FLAC? I can only find the mp3 version linked from the audio section of this site.
  8. U2torrents.com probably has it