1. I posted this last morning but thought it didn't deserve a topic:

Originally posted by Gigwise.com
    U2 and Take That are among the stars set to perform at Formula 1 Grand Prix races this summer, it’s been reported.

Both bands' record label, Universal, is believed to have signed a deal with the sport’s owners for its acts to appear at various races across Europe.

The agreement also includes “stars from the world of movies, sport and fashion”, according to the Sun newspaper.

Universal’s chairman Lucian Grainge said the collaboration would create “a groundbreaking, all-new entertainment spectacular”.

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone added: “I’ve always said we are in the entertainment business and this deal marks a new dimension for Formula 1.

“I have high hopes for it.”

Girls Aloud and the Pussycat Dolls, whose lead singer Nicole Scherzinger dates world champion Lewis Hamilton, could also perform as part of the deal.

So, we might have the famous Formula One-bootlegs within months.
  2. PAs vs. x amount of Formula 1 racing engines... and what happens if a car crashes during a song?

3. 'dressed up, like a car crash, the wheels are turning but you're up-side down.'
  4. At the last 2 Australian GP there have been bands playing imeadiatly after the race, last year it was KISS, and this year it was THE WHO. When you buy a ticket to the F1 race it also is entrance to the concert afterwards. I am not sure u2 are quite old enough (or over the hill enough) to perform going by the previous acts they have had the last 2 years!
  5. Originally posted by ONZOOSTATION:At the last 2 Australian GP there have been bands playing imeadiatly after the race, last year it was KISS, and this year it was THE WHO. When you buy a ticket to the F1 race it also is entrance to the concert afterwards. I am not sure u2 are quite old enough (or over the hill enough) to perform going by the previous acts they have had the last 2 years!

All about getting the crowds in, isn't it though? To give the crowds more bang for their buck?

Why it's gonna be U2 at the F1 is another question entirely. Surely there's other bands that would be better suited.
  6. universal's gonna pay for your crashed car

7. No way
  8. This is quite honestly one of the strangest ideas I've ever heard of...

If this is a success, I will be amazed. I hope it is successful, though.
  9. lol ok this is a thought to get used to...
  10. Well this never happened