1. It has definitely grown into me all throughout the day (I've listened to it 9 times plus the PC ones, that would make 15 listens - quite a few to have a decent opinion). This morning I strongly disliked Bono's voice on this one, but it looks amazing now. And the two small solos. And Larry's backing work. And Adam being all over the place. And the lyrics (OH THE LYRICS). Awesome, now I can shout that

9/10 and it would be a 10 if Bono sung a bit more relaxed
  2. Awesome in every way, catchy, but doesn't wear itself out, great lyrics.

10/10
  3. Universal is being kind today, I also put MOS up on Youtube. Comments for Magnificent are coming rapidly, seems not everyone knows the album has leaked.

4. my my my this song is just fucking wow. Bono owns it.

Less 'ohh ohh ohh h ohhh' would have been nice though
  5. You look more excited than I ever saw you. And I like seeing you excited, it means you kept faith after all
  6. IS IT AS GOOD AS THEY SAY???? im nervous. downloading now. -_- 28 minutes. LOL IM NERVOUS I heard Magnificent the 30 second clips and NL2. im I ruined??
  7. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:IS IT AS GOOD AS THEY SAY???? im nervous. downloading now. -_- 28 minutes. LOL IM NERVOUS I heard Magnificent the 30 second clips and NL2. im I ruined??
    No you aren't. I wish I hadn't listened to them, this morning when I first listened to the album I have regreted having listened to the clips, but it didin't ruin the experience at all. The whole album is amazing, but MOS is awesome
  8. Really not bad, I was expecting worse after reading some reviews. Not as strong as the first two, however.
  9. Damn haha im going to burn it onto cd and listen to it on loud speakers. wooo! I hope i love each song.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:I might get banned for this but this song is just the "worst" for me... Don't misunderstand me, I like it a damn lot, but the rest of the album is much better IMO... Moment Of Surrender "only" gets a 8/10 for me (that means it's by far the worst track )...

I think it will grow on me, tho

I agree, although I wouldn't give it an 8/10. The comparisions with One are inaccurate, it's more like a drawn out So Cruel, with more melodramatic singing, and a less interesting sonic backdrop.

The first verse got my expectations up with great lyrics well sung. The rest never reached the same high point. And the chorus is terribly boring with cliched singing (reminds me of ATYCLB, Peace on Earth, or something)

Gorgeously melodic? Please, One is gorgeously melodic, So Cruel is too, MoS is not.
    Mercy is head and shoulders better 'long' song, and I'm not even a Mercy fan. They should have put that on the album instead.

11. Agreed this song is outstanding, i like the ohh ohh ohhs, i can just imagine the whole crowd shouting it out at the end of the show. This is a very non u2 like song, although it kinda has a gospel feel to it. The exact kind of song i like
  12. One of the best songs of the album,no doubt about that!!