1. the screen on my U2 ipod is fucked. It has an LCD burn on it and besides that the entire screen looks like a film negative and it looks like its flashing or vibrating. My computer recognizes it and plays fine and even today in the car it was playing but obviously i can't navigate it, it was playing through the Artists alphabetically, you know what i mean. Only thing i can think of is it might have been stepped on the other night when i was at a party and i laid my jacket on the ground for a few minutes. ugh. my world is over. what a bad time for this to fuck up! anyone know if this is fixable???
  2. I'd say stop by an Apple store to be certain... they should be able to tell you what's up... but I have to admit, it doesnt sound promising. How old is said iPod?
  3. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979:I'd say stop by an Apple store to be certain... they should be able to tell you what's up... but I have to admit, it doesnt sound promising. How old is said iPod?

the apple store here is opening up the 27th of this month. it's about 3 years old a friend at work said he thinks they can fix the negative aspect of it but probably won't be able to get the burn off. just hope they won't charge me an arm and a leg for that service. but yeah im pretty disgusted. i mean its my entire U2 collection, 4000 plus songs. Most of it is backed up, but still. this had to happen during a new album campaign ahhhhhhh
  4. hey man lol i know the feeling my buddy BROKE mine in like december and I dont have a job anymore so I cant afford to get another but its just as well to listen to music on my mac
  5. Originally posted by thebonodrums:hey man lol i know the feeling my buddy BROKE mine in like december and I dont have a job anymore so I cant afford to get another but its just as well to listen to music on my mac

yeah i know there are more important things but I had that thing organized like crazy. I just hate the idea of driving and not having their entire career at my disposal lol....but all hope isn't lost until i found out a real answer
  6. If you want to back up the music that isn't already backed up on your iPod, assuming your computer still recognizes it, use Floola (mac, windows or linux) to copy the music from your iPod to your computer, so if you decide to get a new one, nothing is lost.

http://www.floola.com/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=download
  7. I know it is a stupid question but were there any magnets in your jacket? My old I-pod shuffle got magnatised by a magnet and it didn't charge up anymore cause it couldn't connect to the charger and magnets can do some weird stuff to I-pods. (and i know how you feel. Having a broken I-pod isn't easy is it? lol)
  8. Ouch, I know the feeling. I had a beautiful U2 Ipod Video too and was just listening to The Unforgettable Fire while cycling to school. It was a dark and rainy day and suddenly I didn't hear any music anymore so I looked on the ground and there it was: it was fallen out of my pocket and it had scratches and dirt all over it. Ugly stuff. It still did work some more months but then it stops. Aah I had the chance to buy another one but 30GB is just not enough room if you have lossless ripps of CD's etc.

But ontopic: here in Holland you have repair shops that can replace parts of your Ipod, so maybe you can search on the web if there is something like that in your neighbourhood as well.

9. I use something called Sharepod that is the same thing from what that sounds like, so yeah I probably will do that assuming they can't fix it. ugh

Originally posted by mookymookins:I know it is a stupid question but were there any magnets in your jacket? My old I-pod shuffle got magnatised by a magnet and it didn't charge up anymore cause it couldn't connect to the charger and magnets can do some weird stuff to I-pods. (and i know how you feel. Having a broken I-pod isn't easy is it? lol)

Nope, I've always assumed that would be a bad idea. I really don't know what happened, I was so looking forward to hearing a good live version of Fast Cars yesterday and I go to get it, pull it out of the case and bam, my heart stopped.

Originally posted by dieder:Ouch, I know the feeling. I had a beautiful U2 Ipod Video too and was just listening to The Unforgettable Fire while cycling to school. It was a dark and rainy day and suddenly I didn't hear any music anymore so I looked on the ground and there it was: it was fallen out of my pocket and it had scratches and dirt all over it. Ugly stuff. It still did work some more months but then it stops. Aah I had the chance to buy another one but 30GB is just not enough room if you have lossless ripps of CD's etc.

But ontopic: here in Holland you have repair shops that can replace parts of your Ipod, so maybe you can search on the web if there is something like that in your neighbourhood as well.

yeah I'll try and take it somewhere......wish ipods were unbreakable! They should be for the price....

Thanks guys for the info/help!

10. Thanks guys for the info/help!

no pomblem