1. Thanks for the review. So I can't see myself buying the DVD. Maybe they will have a 2-disc version with the full concert on the second disc, as it was with the Alive In Berlin DVD
  2. Originally posted by Happy24:As I understand it, it is a concert film, where fans are heavily involved. DM have done that before with their famnous 101. I remember having the 101 on a tape (audio) back in 1990. I absolutely loved it, it was the ultimate live tape for me (I had no idea all the vocals were overdubbed, but maybe I wouldn't care anyway). I played it all the time.

Long time passed before it was released on DVD in 2005. I immediately went to buy it, I was really curious what the concet that I spent my youth with "looked" like. What a disappiointment it was, when I realised, that instead of a concert DVD it was a totally unwatchable tour docummentary, most of the time focussed on a (totally ridiculous) group of fans travelling to a DM show. Only the bonus disc contained some live footage. One of the worst DVDs I have ever bought.

This time Anton is involved, so let's hope the result is better, but I find having fans on a DVD pretty much always undesirable...if anyone goes to see it, please write a report :-)

Isn't the second disc the entire concert without the fans. I do agree that the tour documentary was hard to watch.... I felt this way when I got the dvd for Springsteen and I... I realized that although we all have our own stories about our love for these musicians.... they can't all be compelling enough to put on film for others... most of us want to go and see a dvd or concert film about the band we love and follow. I love DM, love Anton Corbin, and the last DM tour was fun.... just don't know if I could sit through this..... I do hope they release it with a full live concert.. then I might buy it.
  3. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Just seen it!

I think it was OK. The second half is better than the first. There wasn’t many full songs, maybe like 4? They CUT Everything Counts. Quite shocking since that was a big highlight of the last tour.

I feel like if they wanted to do something with fans stories’, they should have did that all at the start maybe? Their journeys to Berlin, etc then have a long period of the show.

There was a cool story of a fan from Romania, about how he had met lots of other fans from a Depeche Mode forum, I was like 😱

It was shot really well though! Never Let Me Down Again was awesome.

I would like the JT30 film to be in the cinema - would be cool after seeing this DM film in one.

Just for you :-) (To try fill that void)..

4. Originally posted by Document:[..]

Isn't the second disc the entire concert without the fans. I do agree that the tour documentary was hard to watch.... I felt this way when I got the dvd for Springsteen and I... I realized that although we all have our own stories about our love for these musicians.... they can't all be compelling enough to put on film for others... most of us want to go and see a dvd or concert film about the band we love and follow. I love DM, love Anton Corbin, and the last DM tour was fun.... just don't know if I could sit through this..... I do hope they release it with a full live concert.. then I might buy it.
    No, no. The bonus DVD contains 12 songs, while the CDs have 20. But well, even those 12 songs are somehow difficult to watch, since it is obvious that Dave's vocal is overdubbed. I read that he had voice problems that night so they decided to overdub it for the official release. It dosn't matter with the CDs (I still love them), but it is a different story when you add the picture. I read that there exists a bootleg of that show, but I never managed to find it anywhere. I would love to hear the actual prformance.
  5. They should definitely release the full Waldbuhne show though. It was filmed really well. Hearing those songs on the cinema sound system was really cool, although I thought it could have been a little bit louder
  6. Just listening to Going Backwards... this song is better than anything on U2's SOE. Spirit is a very good album. Best DM album since Playing The Angel?
  7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Just listening to Going Backwards... this song is better than anything on U2's SOE. Spirit is a very good album. Best DM album since Playing The Angel?
    Too industrial sounding ,Songs of faith and devotion is their Achtung baby they haven't come near it since.
  8. Yes, I know that.

Since when is Spirit industrial? Too electronic for your liking? This is Depeche Mode.
  9. Alan has to be there!

10. Well it’s the first time i hear the term “industrial “ talking about DM....maybe we can say “sperimental” because they’ve been changing “direction “ with the albums of the 2000s...
    Personally Spirit is a great album.
    The only thing that I don’t like so much about DM is that they surely “slowed down” a little bit
    Industrial?...I could name Construction Time Again that way if we really want to use that term.but it’s not the real term to describe it
  11. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Just listening to Going Backwards... this song is better than anything on U2's SOE. Spirit is a very good album. Best DM album since Playing The Angel?
    To me Spirit is their worst album, but I haven't heard it in 2 years. I may revisit it sometime
  12. Spirit is far better than Delta Machine, Sounds Of The Universe and Exciter.