1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

It isnt better in any single field sadly. 2nd biggest gaming let down in recent months. Just ordered Bioshock. Still to get started on Fallout though.

ooh did you try out the demo for bioshock? I did and was amazed - great atmosphere. if I wasn't such a chicken, I'd buy the game lol.
  2. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]

ooh did you try out the demo for bioshock? I did and was amazed - great atmosphere. if I wasn't such a chicken, I'd buy the game lol.

I tried the demo but wasnt massively inpressed. The first person shooter genre is quickly wearing thin, however amazon have Bioshock for ps3 at £22 so I could be tempted . . . .I
  3. Banjo-Kazooie is out for Xbox Live Arcade I loved it on N64 but the game was my brother's so I never got to play it enough to complete it, and now that dream can be fullfilled alot easier than trying to sort out my old N64
  4. Just received GTA IV for the PC..gonna be a nice eve
  5. just got a xbox 360 for christmas (with 60gb) + the game assassin's creed.
    I'll totally go for prince of persia now thought it looked amazing in previews/tests, but was afraid my pc might not take it.

was also planning on getting command & conquer red alert 3, but the so feared securom thing is making me uncertain. anyone got experience with securom, is it really making so much trouble? (= pc shutting down, fire wall going crazy)
  6. Originally posted by flowerchild:just got a xbox 360 for christmas (with 60gb) + the game assassin's creed.
    I'll totally go for prince of persia now thought it looked amazing in previews/tests, but was afraid my pc might not take it.

was also planning on getting command & conquer red alert 3, but the so feared securom thing is making me uncertain. anyone got experience with securom, is it really making so much trouble? (= pc shutting down, fire wall going crazy)

About Securerom, I haven't had it shutting off the computer or firewall issues. I played Mirror's Edge yesterday; what a fantastic game, and Mercenaries 2 is awesome as well. They're both on 360.
  7. Doing another run through of Metal Gear Solid 4. Just thee best

8. i play cod4 day and night on ps3!

whats youre screenname?

best game ever!!

truly great online game!

9. Is it any good? I downloaded the demo wasn't impressed much. Do you have to be a fan of the series to like it, or does the game stand alone by itself.
  10. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Is it any good? I downloaded the demo wasn't impressed much. Do you have to be a fan of the series to like it, or does the game stand alone by itself.

Being a fan helps but not essential. I sill haven't played any other Metal Gear Game and this is the best i've ever played. There are lots of (lengthy) cutscenes in it but the gameplay, the story, the cinematic magic, the voice acting, thee best graphics ever to grace any console all add up to a pretty special game
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

Being a fan helps but not essential. I sill haven't played any other Metal Gear Game and this is the best i've ever played. There are lots of (lengthy) cutscenes in it but the gameplay, the story, the cinematic magic, the voice acting, thee best graphics ever to grace any console all add up to a pretty special game

I disliked how the story is quite silly at times, and the typical Japanese execution doesn't work for a game that attempts to be serious.Perhaps as I am not an otaku.

While the voice acting is very good, I am only going to watch 80min cutscenes if it has a really really good enthralling story, and unfortunately it seems to break the suspension of disbelief quite a lot, which kills immersion.

I was originally going to get the game if it had stellar graphics, but from the demo, while the graphics are impressive, they are not the best on the system.

This is mainly down to the character models being excellent (as with most Jap games) while the environments have low res textures etc. which makes it look inconsistent. COD4 executed the same type of enivironments (ie Middle East warzone) better graphically.