1. Youre a top, top man and this is well deserved. Fascinating answers, thanks for your honesty

2. I do not have a clear opinion of him, as I haven't read any of his work or the book in question, The Satanic Verses. All I know is that the whole Rushdie thing was just a political move by the then-leader of Iran. Like any other political move, it can be controversial, right or wrong. And it is one of those issues blocking westerners from seeing the true face of my country and it's people...

Speaking as a Muslim, about the Fatwa itself, I believe it was wrong, in my understanding of Islam and it's rules, no one can issue such an order, it is "illegal" in Islam, and those who allow themselves to do this have misunderstood the religion...

wow...thanks Dan...you are one of the reasons I keep coming back to this place (I hope that didn't sound too romantic )
  3. Originally posted by Ali709:[..]

wow...thanks Dan...you are one of the reasons I keep coming back to this place (I hope that didn't sound too romantic )

LOL!!
    hahah!!
    fellas... remember he's a guy!!

you're the man Ali !!!!
  4. Originally posted by Ali709:[..]

Nothing that isn't true

And thanks in return
  5. Great interview, Ali! I like the bit about the desert, and it not being a place where people look like the Taliban, and have camels lol That is sad that U2 never played in any Muslim countries like yours (yet!).
  6. Hi Ali. Great interview. I loved what you had to say about Iran. I do think there is a huge misconception about your country. To my understanding, through Persian students I met during college, it is a perfectly great country.

Post some pictures of your city. Show us a bit more about the good things in Iran; and tell us too.

I think if each of us take a bit of time to get to know more about one another... we can eventually understand one another better and maybe there would be (at least) less fighting and war. Heaven knows that we in the U.S. are not all 'cowboys with attitude', like some would say of George Bush. I would love to hear more about your country and those of other members. We can all learn from one another, right?
  7. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979:Hi Ali. Great interview. I loved what you had to say about Iran. I do think there is a huge misconception about your country. To my understanding, through Persian students I met during college, it is a perfectly great country.

Post some pictures of your city. Show us a bit more about the good things in Iran; and tell us too.

I think if each of us take a bit of time to get to know more about one another... we can eventually understand one another better and maybe there would be (at least) less fighting and war. Heaven knows that we in the U.S. are not all 'cowboys with attitude', like some would say of George Bush. I would love to hear more about your country and those of other members. We can all learn from one another, right?

hey, I never saw this one!! Here are some pictures mate
    (warning, lots of pics coming, someone edit this if it's against the rules!)
    Tehran:

Snowy Tehran:

Skiing, near Tehran:

Tehran, subway/underground/metro station:

and two panoramic pics, daytime , Night.

Other parts of iran, Damavand, highest place in Iran!

Persepolis:

Isfahan, a city in the heart of Iran:

loooots of images...hope you like 'em

8. Beautiful pics Ali!!!
    thanks for sharing them with us!!!
  9. You gotta love the mountain view over there, great view. Great pics Ali.

10. Where are all the terrorists? There are millions in your country. George W. told me, it must be true.
  11. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Where are all the terrorists? There are millions in your country. George W. told me, it must be true.

If you watch more closely, I'm sure you will find them, the axis of evil!