1. I think I’ve just come to accept now that we’re not going to get numerous live releases from the band ever. I still think they’ll release a new dvd for future tours and probably a cd from the fanclub to go with it and I do think they’ll maybe release some shows from the past but I don’t think we’ll get a crazy amount of stuff and nothing that’s been unheard or unseen in proshot/soundboard quality before. So I’ll just enjoy what we do have and at least the vast majority of songs have been released live now between cd and dvd.
  2. How predictable, just like a setlist from U2.
    I don't like the idea to stream a DVD online that just about every U2 fan already has
  3. Yeah they will finally open the vaults when we are all dead and there are only Imagine Dragons fans around nearing their retierment ... so no one will notice any Edge fuckups or Bono's too long speeches ;P
  4. It’s pretty amazing that in all these years the band or their management haven’t just said “F it, remember that show at [insert venue and date here] let’s stream that recording on U2.com for our fans for a week or two.”

It’s not that I think they owe us anything, I’d just think there have to be some shows they look back on and are pretty proud of and would want to show off again, warts and all.

Guess I am wrong though.
  5. Originally posted by ap5:It’s pretty amazing that in all these years the band or their management haven’t just said “F it, remember that show at [insert venue and date here] let’s stream that recording on U2.com for our fans for a week or two.”

It’s not that I think they owe us anything, I’d just think there have to be some shows they look back on and are pretty proud of and would want to show off again, warts and all.

Guess I am wrong though.
    I think something like that will happen with future releases as opposed to fanclub streams but it will just be the obvious shows. I don’t think the band will have a strong memory of a gig that wasn’t broadcast or pro shot. I think stuff like zoo tv Washington might be released on dvd , maybe zoo tv Dublin on cd, one of the South American shows from Popmart on dvd and vertigo as well . Maybe elevation New York as an outside chance because of what it meant at the time but that would be the most sort of obscure thing I can imagine, south bend would probably be more likely anyway . But I don’t think anything too surprising will appear. I’d still be happy right enough if all the stuff I’ve listed and similar stuff is released one day.
  6. They also need to keep Universal or whoever happy, right? paging @U2wanderer1, it's a similar situation to unreleased shows on SiriusXM?
  7. I’ll never understand the bands reasoning on that kind of stuff.
  8. They've had decades to either start or plan on releasing things from the vault. Sure, we've had Medium, Rare and Remastered, the "Baby" Achtung Baby, some B-sides. But by and large, they've never really had an interest in this kind of stuff, we all know that. And having all these shows on U2.com is pretty easy and stale IMHO.
  9. enjoy U2Start
  10. So the U2 twitter team decides to tease the Chicago stream with All Because of You... Except the sound is pitch shifted a note or two upwards. WTF happened ? Are they afraid of automated copyright strikes against themselves ?

Or did they actually took this from the stream, which they botched so bad that saturday the whole movie will be pitched up ? How does a mistake like this happen without someone intentionally pitching it up ?

11. Actually it does seem like the tempo is faster too. So the video is sped up, which probably resulted in the pitch being altered too, accidentally.

I guess someone fucked up with a framerate conversion somewhere... But will they realize it before Saturday
  12. Always thought All Because Of You sounded a bit thin live. I feel like the song would be better served with Bono on rhythm guitar or something to make it fuller.