1. I'm sorry to ask such a dumb question but here goes...

I'm having trouble downloading mpgs that come in several parts. I can't seem to extract them
    as one whole video -- I usually get stuck (in a moment) and end up with just the first part of a whole archive.

What am I doing wrong? (Where Did It All Go Wrong?)

I do not own a DVD burner and so I can only make VCDs that play in my DVD player. My player only recognizes mpegs but not avi or wmv files. Any links to mpeg video files would be much appreciated!!! Unless someone can point me to freeware that will convert other formats to mpeg.

Thank you from Canada!

Dave

2. Spiral's awesome of course. My problem is I can't figure out how to download the vids that
    come in parts. I can usually only get the first part to work and the rest seem to be broken or something. I've tried extracting to the same folder to no avail. Help!

Just recorded Bono doing Beckett here: http://www.rte.ie/arts/2006/0330/becketts.html
  3. If there are 3 links to part 1 then download all 3 saving them to a folder. Find that folder after the downloads are complete then hilite the 3 files, right click then extract. Then repeat for the other parts
  4. I will try that. Thank you kindly for your help!

Please go to ylow.blogspot.com and search for U2 and you'll find
    an Alex Paterson "Breezeblock" session that appears to contain one of the
    unreleased remixes of Numb that the Orb did around the time of Melon. It never came
    out in any form so it's a rare one!
  5. sorry if this is not the right topic for this, but

my cousin was cleaning my computer over the New Years holiday and took off my program that let me extract .rar files like the bootlegs on this site. I have no idea where I got the program from, and I think it was a trial of sorts? What program can you guys recommend that is free and worthwhile? Thanks
  6. for a pc...WINRAR archiver is what I uesd to use

now I have a mac and I use RAR expander for mac. Both free. and easy to use

7. Or try IZARC, can handle almost any archive-file.
  8. The basic WinRAR (the "trial" version that never expires )? You can download it here: http://www.rarlab.com/
  9. Originally posted by thefly07:sorry if this is not the right topic for this, but

my cousin was cleaning my computer over the New Years holiday and took off my program that let me extract .rar files like the bootlegs on this site. I have no idea where I got the program from, and I think it was a trial of sorts? What program can you guys recommend that is free and worthwhile? Thanks

Stuffit Expander works well too.