1. "Introducing the iFinger, which allows the user to stick their finger up their arse."

"Introducing Apple, where we send Q&A packing and employ crap."
  2. I thought I should edit this post. A bit language-intensive.
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]
    Just don't say it in their forums (Apple), your post will be removed (and you banned).

You've been banned for that post
  4. No - mentioning where their products are made (clue: not in America). When you said banned I thought you meant I was banned from here.

But I'm sure I would be banned if I said something similar.
  5. Do a search for iPod City.
  6. Originally posted by drewhigginsDo a search for iPod City.

This was the response to the article by the UK paper 'Mail on Sunday' from Apple:_

Apple has issued a statement in response to the Mail on Sunday's claims regarding working conditions within the facilities of some of its Chinese iPod manufacturing partners.

"Apple is committed to ensuring that working conditions in our supply chain are safe, workers are treated with respect and dignity, and manufacturing processes are environmentally responsible," the statement explains.

The company also explains that it is "currently investigating the allegations regarding working conditions in the iPod manufacturing plant in China".

Apple stresses that: "It does not tolerate any violations of its supplier code of conduct, which is posted online".

This code is modelled on the Electronic Industry Code of Conduct and can be downloaded as a PDF.

"Recognised standards such as International Labour Organisation Standards (ILO), Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), Social Accountability International (SAI), and the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) were used as references in preparing this code," the company says on its website.

The code of conduct includes a commitment to uphold the human rights of workers, and covers matters including discrimination, harsh treatment and harassment, involuntary and child labour, working hours, remuneration and freedom of association.
  7. The hidden world of manufacturing.
  8. Indeed.
  9. Originally posted by djrlewisIndeed.

I wonder what would happen if you posted the article (and photos) on Apple's forums.

a) Revoke your membership on their forums (it could be worse)
    b) You get sued for defamation against Apple (they're more powerful than me)
    c) Men in black suits and black vans arrive on your doorstep
  10. Originally posted by drewhigginsThe hidden world of manufacturing.

Capitalism.

It's not just Apple. It's every brand.
    What do you think where and under what conditions Holy Bono's Edun Collection gets produced?
  11. Originally posted by yeah[..]

What do you think where and under what conditions Holy Bono's Edun Collection gets produced?

their workers get paid a decent price though do they not. Was that not the point of the brand. Decent clothing produced in under priviledged places where workers are paid a decent wage and work under decent conditions. Or were they lying?
  12. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Capitalism.

It's not just Apple. It's every brand.

We know that. I don't think he's God or even Holy for that matter. As long as they make good music then no worries. And where do Armani sunglasses get produced?