1. Something tells me there will still be a Blu ray release I think this is just something for the subscribers for now
  2. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:[..]
    Thank you Sparko, this is what I wanted to explain. And I hope that only subscribers will be able to fill the stadiums for the next tours. Since the main releases will be for subscribers only. Unfortunately new fans don't seem to interest the band.
    Is a tour dvd a main release? I would have thought studio albums would be the bands main releases all of which are available to listen to for free on YouTube for any new fan who wants to get into the band.
  3. Yeah I agree with you they may want to put it out officially later in the year in multiple formats and this is just to wet the appetite,also they will probably put out TJT tour film aswell so maybe they don't want to over saturate the market by releasing them too close together.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Is a tour dvd a main release? I would have thought studio albums would be the bands main releases all of which are available to listen to for free on YouTube for any new fan who wants to get into the band.
    deanallison. Yes, I consider homevideos releases as important as albums. Both discography and videography are important. We cannot be selfish and accept that only subscribers can had these DVD´s. And to say that "other" fans can enjoy U2 on Youtube only ... sorry, but I prefer that everyone can be to buy, not just a small group. It is my thought. U2 = "You Too", and not "Only You". We can ask to U2 do not do this. Most U2 fans in the world cannot pay 50 dollars for a DVD, and they should have the right to buy at a fair price. Everyone are fans and loved the band.
  5. Kinda disappointing when they could have released an “Edge’s picks” audio of missing live tracks from the IE and EI tours instead and release this concert as a blu ray to everyone.
  6. Wild Horses and Acrobat are finally getting a proper release.
  7. It is sort of like a tour edition of the upcoming release which will probably be in superior format. Very similar to From the Ground Up.
  8. How funny.... they announced the new gift last night and I renewed immediately. This morning I received this email:

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns.

At this time we do not have any information in reference to the new gifts for 2020. We do advise for our fans to check periodically for any updates via their account. For any new upcoming releases in reference to new gifts, they shown under 'News' via your account.

You are able to renew at your discretion. If there are any announcements in reference to the new gifts, we can try and assist you in making the switch for the new gifts. However we do advise for our fans to contact us once the announcement has been made, so that we can try and make the changes within the time frame.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope you have a wonderful day.

Questions? Please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
    Maritza
    U2.com Team
  9. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:[..]
    deanallison. Yes, I consider homevideos releases as important as albums. Both discography and videography are important. We cannot be selfish and accept that only subscribers can had these DVD´s. And to say that "other" fans can enjoy U2 on Youtube only ... sorry, but I prefer that everyone can be to buy, not just a small group. It is my thought. U2 = "You Too", and not "Only You". We can ask to U2 do not do this. Most U2 fans in the world cannot pay 50 dollars for a DVD, and they should have the right to buy at a fair price. Everyone are fans and loved the band.
    It's just a more dedicated fan edition. As far as I recall, the Dylan Jones edition of From the Ground Up wasn't a big seller. It's just a different edition, no one is getting shut out.
  10. I just hope they get it right like U22 and From the Ground Up. Both were impeccably done. Who knows, we might get a bonus audio CD.
  11. Originally posted by audidriver:Kinda disappointing when they could have released an “Edge’s picks” audio of missing live tracks from the IE and EI tours instead and release this concert as a blu ray to everyone.
    Who knows what they have in store. We really don't know. Maybe the book will contain an audio content.
  12. They are not talking about a book anywhere.

"The DVD is accompanied by a booklet of exclusive photos by tour photographer Ross Stewart and produced by the band’s long time graphic designer Shaughn McGrath, with creative direction by Gavin Friday."

That surely is a normal sized Paper booklet with like a few pages more, still no "book".

And so far these "books, booklets...." whatever coming with such releases and gifts to me weren't worth the paper they got printed on. Sorry. The above quote also tells me, it might look "uglified" like the "photobook" of the current one.