1. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:[..]
    I just think that all fans should have access to their favorite band's show and do not only subscribers. Gifts should be something exclusive and not the main thing. The show is what all fans want to buy. I don't just think about subscribers, as U2 has millions of fans who will not have access to this concert. Except by download, but it is not the same to have the original material. To me, fifth dollars in my country is very expensive and with this I can buy 5 originals blurays (movies or concerts). Unfortunately many fans in Brazil and in countries that do not have a strong economy will have to go download illegally. The U2 have to think about this.
    So subscribers pay every year then but shouldn’t get any live material even though that’s what most of them want just to keep non subscribers happy?
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    So subscribers pay every year then but shouldn’t get any live material even though that’s what most of them want just to keep non subscribers happy?
    Yes, because subscribers (I subscribed for ten years), should receive special things, not the main thing. It is as if the next CD is also available only to subscribers. It is unfair and selfish. It's like they say that they don't need new fans anymore, and only fans who pay a subscription are of interest to them. Do you understand my point of view? And the subscriptions are not even 0.05% of U2 fans in the world. And will only subscribers have access? It is unfair.
  3. To translate what Anselmo is saying:

Berlin is the actual tour release and should be widely available. For subscribers you could have chosen a different concert with less production effort (without all these cameras, like a 5 angle shot and done) or whatever. Not the actual ONE tour release they also advert in the announcement with (definitive show of the tour blabla) and comparing it to the regularly released Paris show.

4. It will definitely be released as a Blu Ray.

They used RED cameras at the show, maybe even 8K, who knows.
  5. The most ridiculous about all of this:

Paris was out 7 months after the gigs, in like a ton of formats (DVD, BD, 2DVD, Deluxe BD, Super Deluxe Box).
    Look at the calender. And now they only release a cheap DVD of the actualy tour release?

Like - to get people subscribing, any regular release probably will not happen like more than a year AFTER all gifts are shipped and it is no longer available for subscription (so 2022 then, given the two year gift option). So 4 Years after the gig, I might be able to buy a BD of Berlin?

Once more a nice proof of how special Berlin folks really are to the band.

Still, there is no single word on any regular and official release of the show yet.
  6. Originally posted by sparko:The most ridiculous about all of this:

Paris was out 7 months after the gigs, in like a ton of formats (DVD, BD, 2DVD, Deluxe BD, Super Deluxe Box).
    Look at the calender. And now they only release a cheap DVD of the actualy tour release?

Like - to get people subscribing, any regular release probably will not happen like more than a year AFTER all gifts are shipped and it is no longer available for subscription (so 2022 then, given the two year gift option). So 4 Years after the gig, I might be able to buy a BD of Berlin?

Once more a nice proof of how special Berlin folks really are to the band.

Still, there is no single word on any regular and official release of the show yet.
    The timeline makes sense to me?

2015: i+e Tour
    2016: Tour called off / No band activity on big scale = Paris release
    2017: Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / SOE
    2018: e+i Tour
    2019: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
    2020: No band activity = e+i Berlin release / Joshua Tree film release
  7. Rose Bowl got released mid tour. No sense in not releasing the show during another tour or for the followup christmas

(Like 2017 -> xmas 2018, 2018 -> xmas 2019)

The later the release, the less sales (from casual concert goers). Pretty much a simple fact.
    Also I expected a 2017 release as a teaser for the 2019 tour - nothing.
  8. Originally posted by sparko:Rose Bowl got released mid tour. No sense in not releasing the show during another tour or for the followup christmas

(Like 2017 -> xmas 2018, 2018 -> xmas 2019)

The later the release, the less sales (from casual concert goers). Pretty much a simple fact.
    Also I expected a 2017 release as a teaser for the 2019 tour - nothing.
    Why would casuals go to the 2019 concerts if they could buy the 2017 film?

I'm pretty sure that not many people buy these releases anymore anyway. The Joshua Tree 2017 film will be released in cinemas and then as a physical release.

Depeche Mode's film has not been released yet and that was filmed in July 2018? The concert film, NOT the documentary.
  9. I think we have been spoiled with u2 concert releases on film. They don’t have to release one for every tour they do, we have just come to expect it. Some of my other fav bands u r lucky if u get one every ten years. The Joshua tree tour is clearly the favourite choice for main release this year. I would of preferred blu ray but if it didn’t get brought on blu ray then I’m happy to gave a physical copy of the dvd.
  10. Originally posted by sparko:To translate what Anselmo is saying:

Berlin is the actual tour release and should be widely available. For subscribers you could have chosen a different concert with less production effort (without all these cameras, like a 5 angle shot and done) or whatever. Not the actual ONE tour release they also advert in the announcement with (definitive show of the tour blabla) and comparing it to the regularly released Paris show.
    Thank you Sparko, this is what I wanted to explain. And I hope that only subscribers will be able to fill the stadiums for the next tours. Since the main releases will be for subscribers only. Unfortunately new fans don't seem to interest the band.
  11. I don't care for Depeche Mode films and releases, no idea what they are doing.

Fact: people were eager to buy Berlin right away. The longer it takes, the more loose interest, simple as that.

I attended the show and honestly meanwhile I don't care about this release at all. And I was really going crazy about the fact they were filming for a release. I had my purse ready for months, almost a year, ready to spend whatever on a official release from MY show - but now? I'm not interested anymore.
    I do have my show on the shelf, like many others. Where it will sit forever and eat dust.

And if that subscribers gift means, the official release will not happen, or not happen before another year or two passes (otherwise the gift wouldn't make much sense, they want people to subscribe to get money out of it) - Until then many more people might have already forgotten they seen this tour and that there might be a release of it.
    It's not the die hards, not the subscribers that bring the money. It's still the casuals. And the longer it takes, the less of these casuals will buy it.

I think releasing the actual tour release for subscribers (only or first for a longer while) is a stupid move. They have vaults full of shows to release on CD; Vinyl or BD or whatever. These are what the die hards want and that's what they subscribe for.

Also: filming this show with the given effort and technology - not releasing anytime soon regularly means losing much money.
  12. I guess the one benefit of it being a DVD over a Blu Ray is that it is easier to rip the audio from it. In a way I probably prefer it to be a DVD over Blu Ray because I'm likely to only watch the DVD a couple of times but listen to the audio much more since I listen to live music when cycling (because live music generally has more energy than studio music). But I understand why people are frustrated; a double DVD/Blu Ray fan club release would have been optimal or at the very least a download code to a 1080p/4k version would also be good.