1. hi, my name is jon, i live in southampton,england.been a fan of u2 since seeing them on the tube tv show in 83 and since im 40 now you could say its been a MUSICAL JOURNEY.First saw them play live at milton keynes in 85 & then in places such as paris(lovetown), koln(zootv),dallas(elevation),cardiff(vertigo) and many times in england.haven't got a fav tour but being 20 feet from the stage at twickenham was a gigging highlight for me (been to propably over 500 gigs, madness being the first in 1980 and im in to so many different types of music i'd bore you if i elabarated anymore.)
  2. Originally posted by jheathhi, my name is jon, i live in southampton,england.been a fan of u2 since seeing them on the tube tv show in 83 and since im 40 now you could say its been a MUSICAL JOURNEY.First saw them play live at milton keynes in 85 & then in places such as paris(lovetown), koln(zootv),dallas(elevation),cardiff(vertigo) and many times in england.haven't got a fav tour but being 20 feet from the stage at twickenham was a gigging highlight for me (been to propably over 500 gigs, madness being the first in 1980 and im in to so many different types of music i'd bore you if i elabarated anymore.)

Hi Jon, I'm Dan

Welcome here at U2Start!

That's some list of gigs you've been to; loads of contributors here haven't seen them once.
    I was at Cardiff for Vertigo too. Did you go to Wembley for Popmart?

Good on you for introducing yourself, and in the right forum too

Enjoy your time, get on the boards and get involved; it's highly addictive. Sounds like you'll have plenty of stories to share. Get yourself some of the boots of those shows you've been to as well.
  3. Hi and welcome.

I went to the vertigo gig in cardiff too. happy days
  4. Hi. I'm Nate. Great introduction! Prepare to lose yourself in here.
  5. Hello! Welcome! Hope you really enjoy being here!
  6. yes ,saw saturdays (2nd night) wembley show .still waiting to find a decent boot of it though .i do remember people looking at me strangly when dancing on the pitch as if i was at a rave to lemon.be intesting to see if u2 play the new wembley or o2 on next tour.
  7. welcome man!!!!!!enjoy your stay in this awesome site!!!!!!
  8. thanks for introducing yourself. Welcome to ya and wow for the list of shows you have been to
  9. welcome jon
  10. welcome home jon
    hope you'll have great time here!
  11. welcome jon! a new member is always welcome here. see u around the neighborhood!
  12. Welcome! I feel intimidated by your "U2 experience"!!! I hope you have lots of fun in the forums