1. It's not quite a forum but after a few requests we now have somewhere to talk about our gadgets and gizmos. So if you want opinions on which mp3 player to buy or how to burn your own DVD's or make audio rips, having ipod problems or if you just want to tell us all about your new toaster then heres the place to do it. . .
  2. I was given a very impressive light which clips onto your book for reading at night recently

Well needed, will be dipping in here often.

3. Just to do things properly;

Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I'm not keen on touch screens (definatley not on a laptop). I hate finger smudges. I suppose I could get one and just not use the touch screen. The iMac is a must when I get my own place. Is there a better designed PC out there? I think not.

No idea how they could successfully incorporate a touch screen.

And you're right, I have to wipe mine down 10 times a day at least.

It is a thing of beauty though:-

(This is obviously not mine )

And the iMac:-

4. the touch is a thing of beauty indeed. Had I went with my heart and not my head then I myself would own one also. I want an iMAC
  5. do you use the wi-fi on your touch dan?
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy I want an iMAC

Me too. Working on convincing myself, let alone start on the other half.......
  7. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Me too. Working on convincing myself, let alone start on the other half.......

my missus likes them more than me so i'd have no problem on that front
  8. Originally posted by germcevoydo you use the wi-fi on your touch dan?

Yes indeed.

I've posted on here several times using it and Facebook is really easy too as they do a special Webapp for it.

It picks up hotspots really easily and all you need to do is enter the WEP key once and it will remember it forever (unless you restore I guess). At home I almost use it more than my laptop now.

The zoom function makes it really easy to see the screen too.

and

you get YouTube which actually makes those videos look good

and

you can buy from the store and listen there and then. Very cool.

Battery lasts about a day of average use using the wi-fi and looking at video/browsing. Turn all that functionality off and you get 3 days music playback without a charge.

I'm chuffed to bits with it, I have to say (especially as it was a present )

One downside? - you have to pick and choose a bit with the videos. But how many do you really need to watch over and over?

Edit
    Just remembered; you can't add calendar appointments on the go - only sync from your mac. Which seems really tight. You can alter the address book entries and add them.
  9. wow. Nice tp hear that it works very smoothly. If they bring a 32GB version out then i'll have it. (still don't like touch screens though) but they seem to be the future
  10. Originally posted by germcevoyIf they bring a 32GB version out then i'll have it. (still don't like touch screens though) but they seem to be the future

sure they will. give it a year or so.
  11. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

sure they will. give it a year or so.

I could manage with 32GB easy
  12. how are the videos on it Dan. Are the that good? And what if the video is 4:3 and not widescreen?