1. Welcome and greeting from Tehran!!
    You were a fan 4 years before I was born Great to have you here!
  2. a big welcome from germany
  3. I have to admit that I have been enjoying the hell out of u2start.com for some months now. But I have posted very few comments.

First, let me thank all of you that make this website the inviting community that it is. Stopping by usually puts a smile on my face. I find myself checking the forums almost daily to see what everyone is talking about. I'm more of the "observer"-type in real life, so I've been quiet.

Been a U2 fan since 1984 (--oh, that put some years on me!--) when I got The Unforgettable Fire on vinyl from the Columbia House Record Club. I still have that record and it constantly is at ends with the Joshua Tree as my favorite albums. Then I had the pleasure of seeing them in Dallas (Zoo TV), where I am from originally.

My collection has a JT on Argentine vinyl, a boot Another Time, Another Place of the Boston '81 show, several 12"s of the classic 80s. And my favorite show that I have discovered here is the 12-26-89 Dublin show, but that comes second to the amazing Slane Castle audio-rip (sound AND performance)--I listen to the All I Want / Streets segment over and over again!!!

welcome and enjoy..........
  4. greeting from the est coast !
  5. I knew it! I'd take less than a day from the site, and there 's already two pages of responses to my intro. And thank you all for the welcome. Great positive energy here...

Think I'm off to discover a new performance. I'll put what I'm looking for (since I would like to know what the lot of you would recommend) in the right forum.

hasta pronto
  6. Hello and welcome! Hope you're well away from the fires...