1. I have to admit that I have been enjoying the hell out of u2start.com for some months now. But I have posted very few comments.

First, let me thank all of you that make this website the inviting community that it is. Stopping by usually puts a smile on my face. I find myself checking the forums almost daily to see what everyone is talking about. I'm more of the "observer"-type in real life, so I've been quiet.

Been a U2 fan since 1984 (--oh, that put some years on me!--) when I got The Unforgettable Fire on vinyl from the Columbia House Record Club. I still have that record and it constantly is at ends with the Joshua Tree as my favorite albums. Then I had the pleasure of seeing them in Dallas (Zoo TV), where I am from originally.

My collection has a JT on Argentine vinyl, a boot Another Time, Another Place of the Boston '81 show, several 12"s of the classic 80s. And my favorite show that I have discovered here is the 12-26-89 Dublin show, but that comes second to the amazing Slane Castle audio-rip (sound AND performance)--I listen to the All I Want / Streets segment over and over again!!!

OK, enough for now.

Thanks again, everyone. You all rule!
  2. hey thanks .....welcome
  3. Great intro, welcome here!

4. welcome mate!!!!have fun with this wonderful site!!!!!!
  5. G'day edlomax from South Australia!

You've been a fan longer than most of us have been around, and the Unforgettable Fire is my favourite U2 album as well, so you're in good company.
  6. another welcome yo you. Good to have a 'senior' fan (not to say your old, just a long time fan). But keep enjoying yourself and posting on the forums
  7. Welcome to the neighborhood!
  8. Originally posted by edlomaxI have to admit that I have been enjoying the hell out of u2start.com for some months now. But I have posted very few comments.

First, let me thank all of you that make this website the inviting community that it is. Stopping by usually puts a smile on my face. I find myself checking the forums almost daily to see what everyone is talking about. I'm more of the "observer"-type in real life, so I've been quiet.

Been a U2 fan since 1984 (--oh, that put some years on me!--) when I got The Unforgettable Fire on vinyl from the Columbia House Record Club. I still have that record and it constantly is at ends with the Joshua Tree as my favorite albums. Then I had the pleasure of seeing them in Dallas (Zoo TV), where I am from originally.

My collection has a JT on Argentine vinyl, a boot Another Time, Another Place of the Boston '81 show, several 12"s of the classic 80s. And my favorite show that I have discovered here is the 12-26-89 Dublin show, but that comes second to the amazing Slane Castle audio-rip (sound AND performance)--I listen to the All I Want / Streets segment over and over again!!!

OK, enough for now.

Thanks again, everyone. You all rule!

Hi friend!
    How are you?

welcome here..enjoy!
    greetings from Brazil!!

See you!
  9. Welcome and enjoy
  10. Hello edlomax
    Good to have you with us. Enjoy the site
    Steve
  11. Welcome. Be prepared to lose some time in here!
  12. Hey man. Greetings from smokey SoCal.