1. Umm...just noticed that I haven't told you how I got to like U2 music...so I thought maybe it was good to share!

The first time I actually heard Bono's voice and loved it was on the BBC version of "Perfect Day" from Lou Reed that everyone sings in! I just kept listening to the part that Bono sings and kept telling myself: "Who is this Bono...great voice...weird name tho!"
    Then later came Gangs of NY and the amazing Hands That Built America...I looked up the band and it was U2, looked up U2 and there is that Bono guy again!! So...that's when I started collecting their music, and here I am!
  2. nice! After With or without you had been playing in my head for a couple of years I thought it was about time I checked out the band behind one of the greatest song ever...
  3. So now you know who that Bono bloke is. I got into their music when I first heard With or Without You as well, and the song was absolutely nailed on the R&H video tape.

Anyway, great to meet you and hope to talk to you around here. Catch ya later!
  4. Originally posted by drewhigginsSo now you know who that Bono bloke is.

Haha...no doubt
  5. Originally posted by Ali709Umm...just noticed that I haven't told you how I got to like U2 music...so I thought maybe it was good to share!

The first time I actually heard Bono's voice and loved it was on the BBC version of "Perfect Day" from Lou Ree that everyone sings in! I just kept listening to the part that Bono sings and kept telling myself: "Who is this Bono...great voice...weird name tho!"
    Then later came Gangs of NY and the amazing Hands That Built America...I looked up the band and it was U2, looked up U2 and there is that Bono guy again!! So...that's when I started collecting their music, and here I am!

Ali709,
    Welcome!!!
    very nice meeting you and great story!!
    cheers!
  6. Originally posted by Ali709Umm...just noticed that I haven't told you how I got to like U2 music...so I thought maybe it was good to share!

The first time I actually heard Bono's voice and loved it was on the BBC version of "Perfect Day" from Lou Ree that everyone sings in! I just kept listening to the part that Bono sings and kept telling myself: "Who is this Bono...great voice...weird name tho!"

Nice story!!