1. No one should use rapidshare too slow, no one should use mega - spyware etc and having to use only the browser they say, no thank. but i guess that's the way people on here want to go as all new uploads seem to go to the crap that is mega. Everyone should use mediafire, zippyshare, putlocker, dropbox or even filefactory or sedspace the last two might be slower but at least they are accesible to everyone.And what's the point in bootlegs not being accessible to everyone it's like giving the flac/torrent only idiots a helping hand.
  2. We try to make our bootlegs available to the most people. Most of them are uploaded to Mediafire which is our preference hosting server, but every now and then MF goes crazy and deletes 5 or 50 bootlegs from our database, so we have to look for alternatives even for Mediafire.

I personally haven't found any proof that Mega gets any spyware into the files as you say (even with various, deep antivirus passes) so we'll continue using it as our main alternative to MF.

I personally like and use Dropbox a lot, but it doesn't provide a count of the downloads and has other unconvenient points that make it inusable for us as a main hosting server. If they change those things we might recosider it.
  3. I swear most of the links I tried to download today were rapidshare man

4. there's a hell of a lot of rapidshare links on here. I went through every page of gigs not long ago and passed on a lot of 3.5/4 star boots because they were rapidshare and not worth the hassle. That would be even worse now.

i know it's not just me that doesn't trust mega so if you want to use that instead of mediafire or branching out to other hosts - really the number of downloads is THAT important? then you'll be cutting some people off in the same way as rapidshare does now. The number of downloads is more imprtant than people actually being able to download them? yeah that makes sense. Why should anyone be dictated to on what browser they use - particularly one - google chrome - who many people can't configure to download to their chosen folder etc which is what google and mega both want so they can install cookies, tracking etc on your machine.Anyone who does use mega may just as well invite the fbi round their house - do you really believe they are not monitoring uploads etc?
  5. Number of shows with only mediafire.com links: 355
    Number of shows with only rapidshare.com links: 424

The difference ain't that big. The rest of the bootlegs has at least 2 hosting servers for each source. We have a total of 1,205 bootlegs, so a total of 781 bootlegs are available on servers which are not Rapidshare. That means most of our bootlegs, doesn't it?

We work everyday to get those numbers lower and lower, but it ain't easy, there's no such thing as an automatic RS>MF re-hosting service or anything like that; we have to manually download each show and reupload it to another server, which can be fast or really slow depending on each of our internet connections.

If any of you feel like helping we can provide you a list of files that need uploading to other servers, we could always use more hands
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Number of shows with only mediafire.com links: 355
    Number of shows with only rapidshare.com links: 424

The difference ain't that big. The rest of the bootlegs has at least 2 hosting servers for each source. We have a total of 1,205 bootlegs, so a total of 781 bootlegs are available on servers which are not Rapidshare. That means most of our bootlegs, doesn't it?

We work everyday to get those numbers lower and lower, but it ain't easy, there's no such thing as an automatic RS>MF re-hosting service or anything like that; we have to manually download each show and reupload it to another server, which can be fast or really slow depending on each of our internet connections.

If any of you feel like helping we can provide you a list of files that need uploading to other servers, we could always use more hands

I'm just saying that it really sucks when the show you want is rapidshare only.. The number of shows on mediafire doesn't really mean much to me if it's not the show that I want in the first place...
  7. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]

I'm just saying that it really sucks when the show you want is rapidshare only.. The number of shows on mediafire doesn't really mean much to me if it's not the show that I want in the first place...

"You can't please all of the people all of the time", so they say.

As I said, we never stop working on it, but it ain't easy!
  8. Yeah I know. I am very appreciative of the great service that you guys give us here. Been coming to this site religiously for years, so cheers.

And I never used to care about rapidshare links until the site changed recently and became just utter trash. The must be trying to run themselves out of business or something