1. That wasn’t terrible. Much much better than my past prejudice would have led me to believe. The Vertigo tour doesn’t feel that long ago yet the band look insanely more youthful. The Boy tracks are amazing and COBL, Vertigo, Elevation and BD sound rich and heavy. I love Miracle Drug and Sometimes. Yahweh and 40 were a great close. Even Bono’s speech during One sounds heartfelt even though it was a drag at the time.

I am surprised.
  2. That was the tour where Bono started wearing the glasses the entire show..
  3. But it’s a fantastic live show. Great opening, the encore is outstanding, love the electric co-An Cat section. Love and Peace into Sunday is strong. And 40 is a beautiful closer
  4. So many highlights in the vertigo Chicago dvd. City of blinding lights as opener, sensational. An cat Dubh/into the heart absolutely incredible. I loved the little HTDAAB trio of miracle drug, sometimes and love and peace, running to stand still was excellent. Then the zooesque encore with zoo station and the fly and to top it all of original of the species, Yahweh and 40 right at the end. It’s a cracking watch.
  5. except for Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and Running To Stand Still.. Exit and Mothers on JT17/19, Best Thing on the Experience.. don't know about 360 and I&E..
    but yeah, I get your point he started to wear them a lot more...
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:So many highlights in the vertigo Chicago dvd. City of blinding lights as opener, sensational. An cat Dubh/into the heart absolutely incredible. I loved the little HTDAAB trio of miracle drug, sometimes and love and peace, running to stand still was excellent. Then the zooesque encore with zoo station and the fly and to top it all of original of the species, Yahweh and 40 right at the end. It’s a cracking watch.
    some of the first shows of the tour even started with Love And Peace.. maybe that was the best part of the tour, although they kept changing the setlist quite a lot during the tour. Hard to pick a favourite part...
  7. the bullet the blue sky solo was very intense! I really like this version of the song. unfortunately they don't play it anymore like that.
  8. Yahweh was really emotional. Fantastic outdoors.
  9. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    except for Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and Running To Stand Still.. Exit and Mothers on JT17/19, Best Thing on the Experience.. don't know about 360 and I&E..
    but yeah, I get your point he started to wear them a lot more...
    Well yeah, on Elevation he took them off after until the end of the world. Popmart they were off by song 3. But vertigo on, they were on his face 90% of the show
  10. Originally posted by justinpushplay:[..]
    Well yeah, on Elevation he took them off after until the end of the world. Popmart they were off by song 3. But vertigo on, they were on his face 90% of the show
    might have something to do with the introduction of digital camera's and (smart)phones..
  11. I LOVE the Chicago DVD and the Vertigo Tour as a whole.

If you're after an outstanding bootleg with a similar setlist to this DVD (but with LAPOE opening) then Seattle is a beauty. Amazing sound an performance
  12. Originally posted by colbourne25:I LOVE the Chicago DVD and the Vertigo Tour as a whole.

If you're after an outstanding bootleg with a similar setlist to this DVD (but with LAPOE opening) then Seattle is a beauty. Amazing sound an performance
    Both Seattle shows are great!