1. i like the soundtrack of conquest of paradise 1492 by vangalis ....
    and the soundtrack of dances with wolves
    the soundtracks of the lord of the rings are also great ...
    and from the harry potter movies ...
  2. Ennio Morricone's "Once upon a Time in the West" is the best soundtrack of all time. Period. His other works are stunning, too - especially all the italian western movies by Leone, Corbucci & Co.

Besides him, Vangelis is another soundtrack master. "Chariots of Fire" and "Blade Runner" are absolutely amazing.

Stewart Copeland did a fantastic soundtrack to "Rumble Fish". Not sure how good it works without the movie, though.

Big Country did a great job on "Restless Natives" with their signature bagpipe- guitar sound.

Star Wars (A new Hope) by John Williams is just perfect, also Star Trek (Motion Picture) by Jerry Goldsmith.

Every Tarantino movie has a great song choice for its soundtrack.

"Easy Rider" is a true classic. "Streets of Fire" is great fun. So are "Rock'n' Roll High School" and "Heavy Metal".

"Troy" has the worst movie soundtrack of all time - it almost destroys the atmosphere of the movie. James Horner, if you want to know, composed, arranged, conducted and recorded it in three weeks after the studio fired the original composer Gabriel Yared. Yared's soundtrack was rejected due to sounding "too old- fashioned" and is not available anywhere - only a few snippets are released through Yared's website. They sound a lot better to my ears than what Horner did.

Alex
  3. Originally posted by AlexEnnio Morricone's "Once upon a Time in the West" is the best soundtrack of all time. Period. His other works are stunning, too - especially all the italian western movies by Leone, Corbucci & Co.

Besides him, Vangelis is another soundtrack master. "Chariots of Fire" and "Blade Runner" are absolutely amazing.

Stewart Copeland did a fantastic soundtrack to "Rumble Fish". Not sure how good it works without the movie, though.

Big Country did a great job on "Restless Natives" with their signature bagpipe- guitar sound.

Star Wars (A new Hope) by John Williams is just perfect, also Star Trek (Motion Picture) by Jerry Goldsmith.

Every Tarantino movie has a great song choice for its soundtrack.

"Easy Rider" is a true classic. "Streets of Fire" is great fun. So are "Rock'n' Roll High School" and "Heavy Metal".

"Troy" has the worst movie soundtrack of all time - it almost destroys the atmosphere of the movie. James Horner, if you want to know, composed, arranged, conducted and recorded it in three weeks after the studio fired the original composer Gabriel Yared. Yared's soundtrack was rejected due to sounding "too old- fashioned" and is not available anywhere - only a few snippets are released through Yared's website. They sound a lot better to my ears than what Horner did.

Alex

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...amazing. Never forget the live performance of Metallica...that was excellent.
  4. Also of note are Layer Cake, Kill Bill and Mr/Mrs Smith. Fantastic soundtracks.
    Unless we're only talking compositional soundtracks, then I'd say Good, Bad & the Ugly and Braveheart are incredible.
    And if video games are on the list, Shadow of the Colossus, hands down.

And because it was the first cd i ever bought, the top gun soundtrack (forgive me, i was 7)
  5. i also love the soundtracks of all the Disney moovies....absolutely fantastic!!
  6. I absolutely agree here with the Zimmer-fans !
    His music for Gladiator or Pirates is really good

Elevation or HMTMKMKM were also nice as U2-fan

Also Enya made some beautiful work for films... (check out Braveheart for example...)

But my favorite still is The Godfather-tune (h)

Oh and don't forget Borat
  7. Well, Twin Peaks is outstanding. Even if it was a television score.

Just listen:

8. Oh yeah, there's this one movie called Million Dollar Hotel....
  9. Originally posted by rmann83Oh yeah, there's this one movie called Million Dollar Hotel....

Which really sucks and is way too long and boring.
    But the soundtrack is one of the most lovely ones ever for a Hollywood production.

Just look at the first minutes, I love it
  10. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Which really sucks and is way too long and boring.
    But the soundtrack is one of the most lovely ones ever for a Hollywood production.

Just look at the first minutes, I love it

Satellite of Love (reprise) and First Time (reprise) are particularly beautiful
  11. I agree about Zimmer's Gladiator - great stuff

I'd also like to add two classics:

Basil Poledouris - Conan
    James Horner - Willow

Alex
  12. The Lord of the Rings Soundtracks are amazing.. it really takes you to Middle Earth.. i love the feel of the music s mystical and brings you to the action as well haha simply amazing!!
    Pirates and Harry Potter tracks are pretty good too i must say

Lol i wont say no to any classic Disney soundtracks either..Love the Lion King