1. There's three ways to search for members:

You can check out the Statistics.

Also, move your mouse over their name above their picture in the forums and click it, taking note of the number you see in the address bar (180 for me).

Alternatively, click on Forums and you can see who's online.

2. Yep, and there's no specific search page, related to privacy matters.
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins:There's three ways to search for members:

You can check out the Statistics.

Also, move your mouse over their name above their picture in the forums and click it, taking note of the number you see in the address bar (180 for me).

Alternatively, click on Forums and you can see who's online.

Thanks.

Too bad there's no specific search page.
  4. wow, I didn't know about that number... I'm 3772 so not too fresh on the forum then
  5. On the topic of searches, does U2start have a proper thread & post search function like some other forums. Eg. where you type in words or a phrase and it returns not only the threads which contain those search terms, but also lists the posts those terms appeared in.

I think U2start only gives you results in the first way currently, which means you have to sift through the dozens of pages in a thread to find the post with the info you want.

Would this kind of search function be hard to implement? Or does it exist but I simply haven't found it yet?

Thanks
  6. Originally posted by vanquish:On the topic of searches, does U2start have a proper thread & post search function like some other forums. Eg. where you type in words or a phrase and it returns not only the threads which contain those search terms, but also lists the posts those terms appeared in.

I think U2start only gives you results in the first way currently, which means you have to sift through the dozens of pages in a thread to find the post with the info you want.

Would this kind of search function be hard to implement? Or does it exist but I simply haven't found it yet?

Thanks

Well, what I've seen from other forums, is that features like that never work properly. You can't search on posts specifically (technically you can search for posts, but it still displays topics), which is a privacy matter for one and a technical matter for two. It's possible, but not for now.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Well, what I've seen from other forums, is that features like that never work properly. You can't search on posts specifically (technically you can search for posts, but it still displays topics), which is a privacy matter for one and a technical matter for two. It's possible, but not for now.

On the sites i've seen this on, it works like this:
    The search results page will return posts (with the thread name at the top) that show some of the text, with a link that takes you to the position of that particular post in the thread.
  8. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

On the sites i've seen this on, it works like this:
    The search results page will return posts (with the thread name at the top) that show some of the text, with a link that takes you to the position of that particular post in the thread.

That could be possible, but not for now. Searching for the subject of titles is the most important, searching for specific posts; I don't think there's much (really) need for it.