1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    I don't think the band are that fond of that gig ,Bono mentioned it recently that the magic was missing that night, even though the atmosphere was electric the previous 3 nights were better particularly the 2nd night however the full concert was supposed to be broadcast live on TV around the world but was scrapped fairly late maybe it was too costly been New years Eve,I'm sure it was a hard sell to TV networks who plan their Christmas schedule months in advance.
    You may be right - but I can't agree with Bono's sentiment, there. That New Years Eve bootleg gives me chills every time.

"Seeing as it's New Years Day you probably expect me to get all sentimental, yeah?

Well you're exactly right.

Here's to the future!"
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    You may be right - but I can't agree with Bono's sentiment, there. That New Years Eve bootleg gives me chills every time.

"Seeing as it's New Years Day you probably expect me to get all sentimental, yeah?

Well you're exactly right.

Here's to the future!"
    LOL! I was deciding whether to post my previous thing here or in the Why do fans love the Lovetown Tour so much? thread, and whilst reading the discussion in that other topic I came across this post from +5 years ago:

Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I'm not super familiar with the tour as a whole actually, mainly just the Dublin shows and the Rotterdam show with the video.

That being said, the new years eve gig is still one of U2's best in my opinion, at least of the ones I've heard, and I've listened to the best of the best according to what the fans say. It's just a magical show - "Seeing as how it's New Years Day you're probably expecting me to get all sentimental, yeah?....well you're exactly right" (as still haven't found comes in). It's just a special moment and you can't help but feel like you were there. The part at the beginning of Running to Stand Still when Bono is talking about how everyone's come to see them with the chords in the background brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it.

Now reading your post from 20 minutes ago I've had a bit of a brainfuck moment
  3. And now that we're at throwbacks, here's this from +10 years ago (in this same thread)... Around the time of our online petition. God, time flies doesn't it!

4. Wow that's so damn weird lmao.

And Jesus, 10 years?..........................man...time does indeed fly..that's insane. I've known people on this site longer than I've known some friends in "real life". Damn.

I still think about that petition sometimes and wonder if it would've convinced them to release it
  5. I remember listening to the NYE radio broadcast. It was something else.
  6. "Dear Santa

I've been (mostly) a good person and I never ask for much and even though this sounds like a prayer (no, not the song) all I want for Christmas (no, not that song either) is a U2 LOVETOWN official full concert DVD release, or the latest HD equivalent digital thingummy.

Merry Christmas"

(awaits eagerly)