1. Hello!!
    All of you know the DVD of the Vertigo Tour filmed at Chicago on 2005.

Well, her I have some questions to make. On the DVD you can see on Beautiful Day, Mysterious Ways and other songs that Bono refers to his 45th birthday.
    And in the post of YEAH about the Officially Released( http://www.u2start.com/topic/1696/ ) you can read
    Vertigo (4:42) - Recorded live at the United Center, Chicago, IL on May 9, 2005.
    Cry / The Electric Co. (5:55) - Recorded live at the United Center, Chicago, IL on May 9, 2005.
    Beautiful Day (4:31) - Recorded live at the United Center, Chicago, IL on May 9, 2005.
    All Because Of You (3:44) - Recorded live at the United Center, Chicago, IL on May 9, 2005.
    Then, is it true? Or wasn't it Bono BirthDay?
  2. Only the first part of the song is from May 9, the end in which he sings about that it's his birthday is from May 10. As many songs on the DVD's, some songs are from multiple nights and just pasted in each other.
  3. Originally posted by RemyOnly the first part of the song is from May 9, the end in which he sings about that it's his birthday is from May 10. As many songs on the DVD's, some songs are from multiple nights and just pasted in each other.

Like Streets at Slane Castle
  4. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

Like Streets at Slane Castle

Or Sunday Bloody Sunday at Slane Castle (watch the daylight/no daylight switch during the song).
    Or Gone from Elevation Boston (two guitars in one performance).

Or.. [insert numerous of other examples].
  5. as far as i remember, on the u2byu2 book, they say that they have used only footage from the second night foir the slane video...maybe they are not that accurate....or maybe they don't even know that images from the first concert were used.
  6. Originally posted by thechickenas far as i remember, on the u2byu2 book, they say that they have used only footage from the second night foir the slane video...maybe they are not that accurate....or maybe they don't even know that images from the first concert were used.

I think even they don't know, it's impossible that it's from one night only looking to Sunday Bloody Sunday or in a less way, Streets.
  7. I only knew that the first tree nights where filmed .
    and mixed it all togheter as one big dvd .
    They also did that in boston 2001 the first tree nights where filmed
    and all the tree seltlist where almost the same. so the fourth night
    the decided to play a whole different setlist .
    because they where tired to play the same set again .
  8. Originally posted by Remy[..]

I think even they don't know, it's impossible that it's from one night only looking to Sunday Bloody Sunday or in a less way, Streets.

yeah...very likely, thay must have watched it like twice.
  9. Originally posted by RemyI think even they don't know, it's impossible that it's from one night only looking to Sunday Bloody Sunday or in a less way, Streets.
    I realized the mix on Slane when I saw Until The End Of The World... It's the most impressive change, when the Edge and Bono do the "duel" of the guitar.Too bad transition night-day-night-day...

Thanks for answering!
  10. I'm not sure if both Slane nights were used for the DVD. I'd rather say it's only the 2nd night.
    The light thingy is tricky. If you watch the european Vertigo shows you get the impression that sometimes it's night and sometimes daylight, too. Has to do with stage lights, exposure to light, camera lenses...
    They must have started significantly later the 2nd night to keep the night-day theory valuable. Anybody knows when they came on stage the 25th?
  11. Originally posted by yeahI'm not sure if both Slane nights were used for the DVD. I'd rather say it's only the 2nd night.
    The light thingy is tricky. If you watch the european Vertigo shows you get the impression that sometimes it's night and sometimes daylight, too. Has to do with stage lights, exposure to light, camera lenses...
    They must have started significantly later the 2nd night to keep the night-day theory valuable. Anybody knows when they came on stage the 25th?

The 2nd night was also a week later than the first, if they only started 15 minutes later than the first show the sunset time is more than half an hour earlier. I did some research and the sun is going down this year on August 25 at 20.44, while the sun goes down on September 1 at 20.28.

I can also post some screenshots of the start of Sunday Bloody Sunday, it's really obvious that footage from 2 nights was used. That has nothing do with additional lighting or camera lenses.
  12. Okay, I'll see if I can provide some screenshot from the european Vertigo shows that have these effects, too.

Oh, and what if they started the first show 15 minutes later than the second?