1. I happen to be a weird guy that very much dislikes SFS and stuff like One Step Closer as boring filler, but kind of enjoys Grace. I used to listen to it a lot (on repeat, no less!) when I was a teenager.
  2. Originally posted by Sev00:I happen to be a weird guy that very much dislikes SFS and stuff like One Step Closer as boring filler, but kind of enjoys Grace. I used to listen to it a lot (on repeat, no less!) when I was a teenager.
    Well, it's very understandable.

if you didn't have the money for sleeping pills.
  3. It's too bad, I actually like the guitar part for Grace - but that's about it.
  4. I'd be mad about this if I did not actually use Grace to fall asleep to a lot of times back in those days
  5. Originally posted by Sev00:[..]
    I'd be mad about this if I did not actually use Grace to fall asleep to a lot of times back in those days
    You see? Truth comes out in the end
  6. Rather than start a new thread I thought this was close enough. My question just to get some opinions I guess is what do we think the proper lyrics of when I look at the world are? I’m thinking specifically the
    ‘But without you it’s not use’
    I think it sounds more like
    ‘Growing/Going up, sure it’s no use’
    Thoughts?
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Rather than start a new thread I thought this was close enough. My question just to get some opinions I guess is what do we think the proper lyrics of when I look at the world are? I’m thinking specifically the
    ‘But without you it’s not use’
    I think it sounds more like
    ‘Growing/Going up, sure it’s no use’
    Thoughts?
    I can't really argue with a native speaker when it comes to correct lyrics, but I don't think you're on the money here. He just sings "without you" in a weird way, with a pause between both words and the T in "but" barely pronounced: /boʊwɪˈθaʊt --- ju/ ... Almost like he said "Bowie that choo"
  8. I didn’t even realise this was questionable. Clearly “But without you it’s no use”.
  9. Can’t hear it whatsoever, the ‘it’s no use’ yes maybe a stretch with the ‘you’ however the ‘but without’ part I can’t hear at all. Edit: ok my ears have been playing tricks on me last night and the last 20+ years since the release of ATYCLB but I’ve just skipped to that part of the song in both chorus and can finally hear it. Genuinely a bit puzzled now lol. Debate over though.
  10. Bowie DAT choo!
  11. I used to hear this lyric wrong as well. I'm not sure what I thought he was saying, but it definitely wasn't "But Without You". I think I thought it was something like "Pulling out, but it's no use"... but obviously not that haha. It's hard to remember 20 years ago, but I do remember that now that you mention it.