1. Wondering what the hell it means. Bono shouts it at the end of I Will Follow on the Milan DVD and also on many other performances of the song (mainly 2nd leg Vertigo Tour)
  2. Originally posted by germcevoyWondering what the hell it means. Bono shouts it at the end of I Will Follow on the Milan DVD and also on many other performances of the song (mainly 2nd leg Vertigo Tour)

"So Bono gets to the end of the song, and I'm sure he's saying Agape (the Greek word for God's self-giving love) and I quick looked up the www.atu2.com/lyrics site knowing they have the lyrics for every publically available version of U2 songs. They had "I'm gonna pay; You walk away; I'm gonna pay" as the last three lines. But that makes no sense. And I listened to it again three times and I'm really sure Bono says, "Agape; You walk away; Agape" as he closes the song."

from: http://onestepcloser2u.blogspot.com/2007/01/agape-in-milano-reading-i-will-follow.html
  3. I actaully thought that he said 'i gotta pay, you walk away, i got paid' haha i dont know if any of us are right tho
  4. He indeed does say Agape, take a listen to the bootleg of this show.

I Will Follow

I was on the outside when you said
    You said you needed me
    I was caught at a stop light
    I was blinded, could not see

A boy tries hard to be a man
    His mother takes him by his hand
    If he stops to think he'll always wonder why

If you walk away, walk away
    Walk away, walk away
    I will follow

Walk away, walk away
    I will follow

I was on the inside
    When they pulled the four walls down
    You looked under the rubble
    I was lost, now I'm found

Walk away, walk away
    Walk away, walk away
    I will follow
    Walk away, walk away
    I will follow
    I will follow

Your eyes make a circle
    I see you when I come in here
    Your eyes
    Your eyes
    Your eyes
    Your, your eyes

Walk away, walk away
    I will follow
    Walk away, walk away
    I will follow
    I will follow
    I will follow
    I will follow
    I will
    I will
    Agape
    You walk away
    Agape
  5. yea it was a big group from our church.
  6. cheers all. Think i'll go with the love definition. Sounds pretty Bono to me
  7. I always thought it was "I got paid, if you walk away, I got paid".

Which I thought was always kinda funny, even if the crowd walks away, he gets paid anyway
  8. Definatley Agape. Listen to the Zurich bootleg from the Vertigo tour and you'l hear it again
  9. Hmm defenitely a question I'd like to ask to Bono! Isn't it something in Latin or something? I'm don't know that language, but also Gloria has Latin parts (In Te Domine...anyone knows what that means?)
  10. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyHmm defenitely a question I'd like to ask to Bono! Isn't it something in Latin or something? I'm don't know that language, but also Gloria has Latin parts (In Te Domine...anyone knows what that means?)

I think it means: In you Lord. Could make sense, no?