1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]in fact I have the mix done since 2 months ago and I listen to it every evening...

By the way, Remy, if I do a Personal Remix with official material is it legal to post it here?

No it's not, anything that you can buy anywhere is not permitted to show up here as a downloadable file.
  2. Originally posted by RemyNo it's not, anything that you can buy anywhere is not permitted to show up here as a downloadable file.
    Alright! No problem!
    But i can't understand WHY is allowed to upload a Official video or song to Youtube, etc. and it is NOT allowed here... It should be illegal everywhere, shoudn't it?
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Alright! No problem!
    But i can't understand WHY is allowed to upload a Official video or song to Youtube, etc. and it is NOT allowed here... It should be illegal everywhere, shoudn't it?

Actually it is. Technically you're only allowed to upload content on youtube you hold the copyright for or have copyright owner’s written permission.

But I wonder why the whole "Bad Yard Club" here exists then?
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Alright! No problem!

It isn't, Youtube regularly removes videos because of that. We shouldn't even be refering to let's say, Youtube pages with U2 DVD rips, but since everyone's doing it.. it's a difficult issue but the responsibility lies with Youtube in this case.

I do allow some 'half-illegal' things here but try to maintain the website as legally as possible to prevent legal actions or a site-shutdown or something.
  5. Originally posted by yeah[..]

But I wonder why the whole "Bad Yard Club" here exists then?

There are a lot of video bootlegs which are legal! Only the DVD-rips are illegal, the rest is okay. And since there are no official DVD-rips here. And users are permitted to share things per e-mail, that's fine with me. And for usenet, it's legal to tell people what they can find at which binairy usenet group, so that's okay too.

And most remixes are fine too because they are fan-made.
  6. Originally posted by Remy[..]

There are a lot of video bootlegs which are legal! Only the DVD-rips are illegal, the rest is okay. And since there are no official DVD-rips here.

I wasn't referring to Videos, the Bad Yard Club is for remixes, I guess, isn't it?

Originally posted by Remy And for usenet, it's legal to tell people what they can find at which binairy usenet group, so that's okay too.
    Sounds like a double standard to me, but let's cut the crap...

Originally posted by Remy
    And most remixes are fine too because they are fan-made.

Wasn't that what LikeASong was asking for? A remix made by him... (=fan-made)
  7. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Wasn't that what LikeASong was asking for? A remix made by him... (=fan-made)

Ah, I didn't read it good enough. Yeah sure, that's legal, at least it is here. Normally you need to ask permission from the artist to use their songs for your remixes but that's a line I won't pass

Oh and let's remain on topic from now, further discussions about this subject can be continued in the Stuck in A Moment Forums.
  8. Originally posted by RemyAh, I didn't read it good enough. Yeah sure, that's legal, at least it is here. Normally you need to ask permission from the artist to use their songs for your remixes but that's a line I won't pass
    One last post. Can I upload a mix with the album versions of Acrobat, Vertigo and Heartland, for example?
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]One last post. Can I upload a mix with the album versions of Acrobat, Vertigo and Heartland, for example?

Yes you can, as long as it's mixed and there's a difference between the album versions and the bits in your track.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

New Jersey 18th May 2005 had a 9 minute version which is impressive and the awesome Chicago version with the whole of The First Time is achingly brilliand (and 9-10 minutes long)

That version from Chicago with The First Time is one of the best versions of Bad EVER.

11. Originally posted by Yogi[..]

That version from Chicago with The First Time is one of the best versions of Bad EVER.

Not just bcuz of the snippet either. Bono has a good go at the rest of the song to. There isnt a crap performance of the song that I know of. If Bono goes for it then its awesome