1. Originally posted by walkonNew York (Nasty Mix)-Electrical storm single
    best remix of them all

Would you mind sharing it with me?
    quigs410@aol.com
    Thanks
  2. In terms of dance remixes, the Perfecto Remix of EBTTRT. I like it better than the album version. If you're allowing non-dance remixes, you, my friend, have opened a rather large can of worms.
  3. Originally posted by djrlewisThere's also a Killahurtz remix of "All Because of You" which I prefer to the original.

My favourite that comes to mind at the moment is the Tomb Raider remix of Elevation - I don't listen to the album original anymore.

1.) I like the "Biffco" mix of Elevation best of all of the Elevation mixes.
    2.) I like the "Jacknife Lee 7 inch mix" of "Vertigo" the best. (More razor sharp guitar bits and some different lyrics.)
    3.) The "Lounge Fly" mix of The Fly is a long time favorite. (It also has some different lyrics.)
    4.) The extended mix of "Lady With A Spinning Head" is fantastic - Great middle section.
    Tied for # 5?
    5) The US mixes of "New Years Day" and "Two Hearts Beat As One".

As a rule, most U2 remixes are not so great. Listen to all of the Mysterious Ways, Lemon, Discotheque... etc... There are a few interesting bits or a mix here and there but for the most part... I prefer B-Sides to remixes. Those listed above are a few of the standouts that sounded great to my ears.
  4. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979
    5) The US mixes of "New Years Day" and "Two Hearts Beat As One".

I prefer B-Sides to remixes.

2 great points here....
  5. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]
    As a rule, most U2 remixes are not so great. Listen to all of the Mysterious Ways, Lemon, Discotheque... etc... There are a few interesting bits or a mix here and there but for the most part... I prefer B-Sides to remixes. Those listed above are a few of the standouts that sounded great to my ears.

The Solar Plexus mix of Mysterious Ways is much better than the album version. Nocer pace and better drums I reckon
  6. Originally posted by digitizeIn terms of dance remixes, the Perfecto Remix of EBTTRT. I like it better than the album version. If you're allowing non-dance remixes, you, my friend, have opened a rather large can of worms.

the best U2 remix there is, in my opinion.

7. My votes:

Beautiful Day (Quincey & Sonance Remix) (Radio Edit)
    Desire (Hollywood Remix)
    Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix)
    Elevation (Influx Remix)
    Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix)
    If God Will Send His Angels (The Grand Jury Mix)
    Lady with the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
    Mofo (Phunk Phorce Mix)
    New Year's Day (US Remix)
    Numb (Video Remix)
    Original Of The Species (Killahurtz Casa De Angeles Mix)
    Staring at the Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Ambient)
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (Craig Armstrong Mix)
    Until The End Of The World (Temple Bar Mix)
    Vertigo (Trent Reznor Remix)
    Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (The Temple Bar Remix)
  8. new years day(USA remix) so unbelievably good
    almost better then original..
  9. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

I agree and disagree. Some are absolutely atrocious. But some are magnificent and provide a refreshing variety to the original especially when you're up for a bit more bass. It's all about experimenting. If you didn't experiment you wouldn't get the absolute classics like Lemon Perfecto or BD Sonance and Quincey.
  10. I'd like to add Salome (Zooromancer Remix)...It's brilliant
  11. Originally posted by loftarasa
    Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (The Temple Bar Remix)

Is that the one released as a single, or from the official video? With the additional piano part and the bassline bumped up?

12. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    Is that the one released as a single, or from the official video? With the additional piano part and the bassline bumped up?

from the video. More acoustical based