1. Go home Slane all the way...... What a Magnificent concert !!
  2. Go Home all the way for me also. The only strengths from Boston compared to Slane are 1. The Fly, 2. Gone.
  3. Even as someone who prefers boston i think most of the songs that were performed at both shows were better at Slane. Some only by a small margin, some more noticeably but it’s the songs that weren’t performed at Slane that makes boston stand out. I miss stay, bad, the fly, gone, new york and to a lesser extent in a little while. It’s the Setlist that makes Boston better for me.
  4. Edit: Comment deleted because while I was writing somebody else said the exact same thing I did, only better.
  5. Slane >>>> every U2 concert
  6. Slane feels like what U2's Glastonbury Headline show should've been. It's what I would show people who had minimal knowledge of U2 if they were interested in learning more. It's probably tied with Red Rocks as being the most iconic concert of their career. That being said, it's a little too "Greatest Hits" for me. I much prefer the earlier shows I saw in 2001 (Columbus and Indianapolis).

Also, it should be noted that there are a few Elevation shows where they played as many as FOUR songs from POP. Gone, WUDM, Discotheque with a lengthy coda of Staring at the sun. And then at other shows they were doing SATS acoustic, including Slane. Then they dropped all those except SATS, and then brought Please into the acoustic set as well. How this band can have 2 songs as good as "Gone" and "Please" and not acknowledge them at all since 2001 is just... well... very U2 of them.
  7. There were some gems from 2001 for sure. One of my still all-time favorites is an amazing ALD from Chicago.. Discotheque, 11 O'Clock (after an epic false start) and OOC in the same set..oh the memories
  8. Boston easily the best

the only moment in Slane Castle that I really care about is them playing Out of Control
  9. 1. Elevation - Slane
    2. Beautiful Day - Slane
    3. Until the End of the World - Slane
    4. New Years Day - Slane
    5. Out of Control - Slane
    6. Stuck in a Moment - Slane
    7. Kite - Slane
    8. Gone - Boston
    9. New York - Boston
    10. I Will Follow - Boston
    11. In a Little While - Boston
    12. Desire - Boston
    13. Stay - Boston
    14. All I Want Is You - Slane
    15. Where the Streets Have No Name - Slane
    16. Bullet the Blue Sky - Boston
    17. With or Without You - Boston
    18. The Fly - Boston
    19. Walk On - Boston

Boston Bad is overrated.
  10. By Slane they had worked out stronger versions of lots of the songs.

Still, I'm partial to Boston since I was in the heart that night. It was a great show, but I saw two or three better ones on that tour.
  11. Originally posted by dstankie:By Slane they had worked out stronger versions of lots of the songs.

Still, I'm partial to Boston since I was in the heart that night. It was a great show, but I saw two or three better ones on that tour.
    That opens up a different question but using this thread where we take a list of the repeated songs and pick which show they performed them better at.
  12. Slane wins it for me, both those shows were epic!