1. Hi
    This soundboard recording is hard to listen to for me, saturated . But it also proves that the complete video exists somewhere ... is that circulating in traders world ? To see a complete proshot soundboard is THE lack in the U2 bootleg world (+ The UF tour ...)
    ?? Thanx for informations

2. Thanx for sharing this ....Great Footage VERY Nice close up shots ....I could be wrong? ,......but, It doesn't sound like soundboard audio to me probably camera mics? .... Someone definetly had a high resolution video camera those were pretty expensive back in 1989 for sure .....Someone should add this to U2 start video page for sure .....
  3. Amazing shots
  4. Originally posted by achtungpop:Hi
    This soundboard recording is hard to listen to for me, saturated . But it also proves that the complete video exists somewhere ... is that circulating in traders world ? To see a complete proshot soundboard is THE lack in the U2 bootleg world (+ The UF tour ...)
    ?? Thanx for informations

[YouTube Video]
    Strange camera angle even though the quality is very good it's like it was filmed from the Press pit ,I'm guessing it was probably for a news feed or part of a documentary about the tour down under ,they definitely have complete pro shot footage from the Sydney and Dublin gigs on that tour as both were partially used for TV shows and the Lovetown Documentary.
  5. I Agree 100% Probably The BEST Quality /Highest Definition Footage I've Seen From The Lovetown Tour......
  6. it looks like press footage. Still one can hope there is a full tape that may surface one day.

check Larry at 1:43 ...! Nice catch !
  7. Originally posted by billcarter:it looks like press footage. Still one can hope there is a full tape that may surface one day.

check Larry at 1:43 ...! Nice catch !
    It looks like Larry lost One Of His drumsticks at 1:44 and Drum Tech Quickly Gave Him Another One.........
  8. For me it really just says it’s a pro shot from a single professional camera in the press pit. Bono’s voice is super high in the audio as it’s very probably the camera’s audio picking it up from his monitors (speakers facing him in the days before IEMs)
    This kind of filming was common for news reports / documentary footage at the time (kind of like there being footage of Zoo & The Fly from so so many venues during ZOOTV)
  9. In the same vein as this….
  10. Originally posted by shappers72:For me it really just says it’s a pro shot from a single professional camera in the press pit. Bono’s voice is super high in the audio as it’s very probably the camera’s audio picking it up from his monitors (speakers facing him in the days before IEMs)
    This kind of filming was common for news reports / documentary footage at the time (kind of like there being footage of Zoo & The Fly from so so many venues during ZOOTV)
    I’m no expert on this stuff but I’m wondering if this video has been remastered too. The high quality strikes me as in inconsistent of the time. The audience shots before the show are crystal clear.
  11. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]
    I’m no expert on this stuff but I’m wondering if this video has been remastered too. The high quality strikes me as in inconsistent of the time. The audience shots before the show are crystal clear.
    You might be right that certainly would explain the super high definition /video quality for 34 year old lovetown footage1