2023-12-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 0
  1. On the off chance anyone else finds it interesting - Edge's Explorer broke during Beautiful Day and he switched to a Les Paul. I don't know how much the quality of the recording factors in, but you can hear the difference in the video.
  2. Originally posted by SlightedRadio91:I've read that Anton Corbijn was taking photos of the band last night. I don't recall seeing him; just a younger guy. After scrubbing through a YT channel full of footage from the center rail, I could not find Anton-- only the young looking dude. There's also a tweet with the back of a head.

Does someone have a photo of him actually at the show last night?

Also, is there a timestamp for when he was at Zoo Station?

Several friends also reported seeing him taking photos up around the front of stage.

He and Sebastian Clayton were at Zoo Station in the early afternoon.
  3. Originally posted by Hansav:On the off chance anyone else finds it interesting - Edge's Explorer broke during Beautiful Day and he switched to a Les Paul. I don't know how much the quality of the recording factors in, but you can hear the difference in the video. [YouTube Video]
    it actually surprises me how much Edge's guitar has been cutting out at the Sphere. I went to 4 shows and he had guitar cut out at 3/4 of them (and they weren't this show you provided clip from either)
  4. Originally posted by marik:[..]
    it actually surprises me how much Edge's guitar has been cutting out at the Sphere. I went to 4 shows and he had guitar cut out at 3/4 of them (and they weren't this show you provided clip from either)
    Happened at 2 of the 3 shows I attended too. One of them was during Beautiful Day as well.
  5. I understand that it hasn't yet been a month since this show happened (I'm not begging either). But does anyone have (or know of someone else who has) plans to release a recording of this show anytime soon?

Debating whether I should rip YT audio for listening, or just wait for a proper bootleg to be published.
  6. I don't know anybody that recorded the full show audio for this unfortunately. Taper coverage is dwindling a bit I've noticed.
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:I don't know anybody that recorded the full show audio for this unfortunately. Taper coverage is dwindling a bit I've noticed.
    That's too bad... At least the show pretty much stuck to the formula.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your work in keeping track of/increasing coverage throughout this residency!
  8. I think I might try and patch together some YT audio w/ a Mixlr stream for song transitions.... Absolutely sucks from an audio standpoint, though.

This lack of recording is actually making me want to get some taping gear.
  9. Originally posted by SlightedRadio91:I think I might try and patch together some YT audio w/ a Mixlr stream for song transitions.... Absolutely sucks from an audio standpoint, though.

This lack of recording is actually making me want to get some taping gear.
    If you want a recording of concert you were at, then it pays to be proactive. Either coordinate/ hire a taper to do it or better yet, record it yourself. If you plan on attending future shows and want quality recordings then I encourage you to get some taping gear!
  10. Did anyone on the right of GA get a recording including the lady yelling "I love you, Bono" before he responds with "I thought you said bingo"... the clip sounds weird without it. (It's between Tryin' To Throw and All I Want Is You)

Not that it's the most original thing for female fans to call out at U2 show. lol

(This might be the weirdest request that I have made online, by the way....)

Edit: my weird request was answered in the way of listening harder to the Dreamoutloud Mixlr stream from the night... I ended up doing that patchwork of combining YouTube videos and the Mixlr stream... It's crap (in both resolution and sound) when compared to a real bootleg-- so I intend to get some taping gear before the next tour, to prevent a repeat of this lack-of-coverage.