1. Originally posted by fleavox:I really prefer a good performance instead a soundboard recording. For example, Washington is an average/good show, of course I prefer Tacoma, an average/good audience recording but with stellar performance
    I love the diversity of our group!! I'm all about a nice soundboard, ALD or IEM.. probably because I used them so often over the decades to play along to. Many people love the vibe that an audience gives to a recording, but I honestly prefer recordings without it
  2. Agreed on sound quality. If it’s bad I can’t do it. I’ve spent a lot of time searching for the ultimate Zoo TV show but my choices are way limited…so hard to find unless U2 releases them which I doubt will happen. I’m a fan of the indoor shows so I tend to focus on legs 1 and 2. The Indoor shows for me had the better intro (imagine my reaction on opening night of U2 UV), a better more raw vibe to it. Not that outdoor wasn’t incredible. It absolutely is. I have 9-2-92, Philly (only because I was there) and thankfully it sounds fantastic. but for sound coupled with performance I got…

Leg 1
    - Atlanta…my favorite and my go to zoo show
    - East Rutherford…great show and sound but not quite there with Atlanta in terms of sound quality
    - Detroit. Good but I can’t count it because the intro and start of zoo station aren’t there. Could be #1 if that was on the recording
    - Austin - good sound overall but kinda meh show. Guitars don’t necessarily pop in the recording
    - LA - decent but not as good as Atlanta sound wise
    - Vancouver - good overall but three songs are recorded from another source and sound bad. So not complete
    - Tacoma- good sound but to me it sounds a bit sped up. Just a tad higher than it was in real life. I’m sure that can be fixed

Leg 2 is way easier - Rotterdam followed closely by Stockholm, Paris and Kiel

As mentioned I enjoy the early shows but for later shows London 93, Philly sept 92, Anaheim Sept 92 and east rutherford 8-92
  3. Originally posted by zoostation17:Agreed on sound quality. If it’s bad I can’t do it. I’ve spent a lot of time searching for the ultimate Zoo TV show but my choices are way limited…so hard to find unless U2 releases them which I doubt will happen. I’m a fan of the indoor shows so I tend to focus on legs 1 and 2. The Indoor shows for me had the better intro (imagine my reaction on opening night of U2 UV), a better more raw vibe to it. Not that outdoor wasn’t incredible. It absolutely is. I have 9-2-92, Philly (only because I was there) and thankfully it sounds fantastic. but for sound coupled with performance I got…

Leg 1
    - East Rutherford…great show and sound but not quite there with Atlanta in terms of sound quality
    - Detroit. Good but I can’t count it because the intro and start of zoo station aren’t there. Could be #1 if that was on the recording
    - Austin - good sound overall but kinda meh show. Guitars don’t necessarily pop in the recording
    - Vancouver - good overall but three songs are recorded from another source and sound bad. So not complete
    - Tacoma- good sound but to me it sounds a bit sped up. Just a tad higher than it was in real life. I’m sure that can be fixed

As mentioned I enjoy the early shows but for later shows London 93, Philly sept 92, Anaheim Sept 92 and east rutherford 8-92
    This is the list
  4. I've mentioned it already but since we're talking about the best leg 2 shows I want to mention London (31/5) again - absolutely fantastic show and deserves way more attention. It's got a fantastic audience recording too, I highly recommend to everyone, I firmly believe it has the best Love Is Blindness too.
  5. Originally posted by carbide:I've mentioned it already but since we're talking about the best leg 2 shows I want to mention London (31/5) again - absolutely fantastic show and deserves way more attention. It's got a fantastic audience recording too, I highly recommend to everyone, I firmly believe it has the best Love Is Blindness too.
    Incredible show but does a weird audio cut out thing during zoo station then stays that way for the next few songs. Some talkers / screaming etc too. For me if that doesn't happen it's probably too 2 or 3...im weird when it comes to zoo TV...lol
  6. as a little aside show the mini set at Stop Sellafield is worthy of a listen (Sheffield UK)
  7. Originally posted by zoostation17:[..]
    Incredible show but does a weird audio cut out thing during zoo station then stays that way for the next few songs. Some talkers / screaming etc too. For me if that doesn't happen it's probably too 2 or 3...im weird when it comes to zoo TV...lol
    Those's audio glitches don't last long, unfortunately it's the best we have, and it's more than worth it considering the performance we've got. The crowd... yeah they can be irritating but also quite amusing too (there's a guy who keeps calling Bono good and screams for him to spit on him throughout the show which is ???), but once again I'm willing to put up with it for the performance.
  8. Audio quality for the Rotterdam 1993 shows punch above their weight. All time brilliant shows for me as the band try to find their feet after Outside Broadcast (and of course the few day bender for Bono’s birthday).
  9. Originally posted by zoostation17:Agreed on sound quality. If it’s bad I can’t do it. I’ve spent a lot of time searching for the ultimate Zoo TV show but my choices are way limited…so hard to find unless U2 releases them which I doubt will happen. I’m a fan of the indoor shows so I tend to focus on legs 1 and 2. The Indoor shows for me had the better intro (imagine my reaction on opening night of U2 UV), a better more raw vibe to it. Not that outdoor wasn’t incredible. It absolutely is. I have 9-2-92, Philly (only because I was there) and thankfully it sounds fantastic. but for sound coupled with performance I got…

Leg 1

Oh one more I forgot...the show has to include ultraviolet. Zoo TV version of ultraviolet was the best version. They dropped in later in the first leg and second
  10. Originally posted by zoostation17:[..]
    Oh one more I forgot...the show has to include ultraviolet. Zoo TV version of ultraviolet was the best version. They dropped in later in the first leg and second
    Probably my one complaint about that Rotterdam show.
  11. Originally posted by zoostation17:[..]
    My fav as well

I like Tacoma, Milan, and Dc from outside broadcast

Rotterdam maybe too from 92 but 93 is also great. 1993 has some solid UV performances (Dublin)
  12. I wish they'd go back to the older 92-93 version of Ultraviolet.. thinking especially of the guitar parts. Musically speaking, the Dublin 93 version is awesome, but I wish he sang it like the earlier versions (sans Macphisto)