1. Hi
    For the 1st time since 1997 I won't attend a U2 Tour.
    That's why I'm motived to create a multicam edit . To "live" the show at least once deeply .
    What is among you the best circulating audio for now and / or the best videos in circulation to decide a date to edit ??
    ( I won't edit multiple date together, I hate this )
    Thanx
  2. Most video has just been stuff tossed up on Youtube, not a lot of dedicated cameras and such.

There's been a handful of really nice audience recordings released.

You might have access to much better audio and video if you wait more towards end of tour. In the interim, you might want to try to connect (or even buy tickets for) folks willing to video the show with dedicated cameras.

You really need 1-2 cameras from the floor or 100s for stage shot, and then 1-2 cameras up in the 300s for the wide angle of the screens.
  3. I like this kind of camera which is a perfect basis showing what happens on screen

I'm not in a research of the 2 best 4 k shots of a show to make a 2 cam mix , the most important is to work on a good audio stuff . The rest will come with time ( I mean good videos) . HD is enough for me, if it's good, stable, and not smartphone quality .

which date is this best audio please ? I'm not on U2t anymore
  4. Originally posted by achtungpop:I like this kind of camera which is a perfect basis showing what happens on screen [YouTube Video]

I'm not in a research of the 2 best 4 k shots of a show to make a 2 cam mix , the most important is to work on a good audio stuff . The rest will come with time ( I mean good videos) . HD is enough for me, if it's good, stable, and not smartphone quality .

which date is this best audio please ? I'm not on U2t anymore
    I haven't dived in too deep in all of the top tier audience recordings, but best I checked out was 9/30 Schoeps MK4 by Loughney. I know one other schoeps taper going to some December and Feb dates that usually pulls great stuff. So more will likely be incoming. Not to mention the likely eventual IEM matrixes (there's some clips on my soundcloud from 9/30 to give you sense of the sound).
  5. I have no doubts a killer project will appear with your stuff and all the fabulous US video tapers . It's just a project for me, now, , to avoid my frustration . Thanx for advices I will look for this .
  6. Originally posted by achtungpop:I have no doubts a killer project will appear with your stuff and all the fabulous US video tapers . It's just a project for me, now, , to avoid my frustration . Thanx for advices I will look for this .
    Fair enough--check out that 9/30 Loughney recording. That said, the shows have improved from opening weekend so maybe see what shakes out over next couple weeks.
  7. It's good that achtungpop makes a multicam. MK 4 from Schoeps is good, Neumann is better. It would be good if someone ORTF can do it.
  8. I tought you had become sober and wise achtungpop ...you dive back into U2 drug!
  9. Originally posted by felix2:It's good that achtungpop makes a multicam. MK 4 from Schoeps is good, Neumann is better. It would be good if someone ORTF can do it.
    I know some folks that would fight you hard on the schoeps vs nuemann point.
  10. I’m busy making a multicam of night 1. What I did is look at who went to the show on the show page on U2Start and just PM everybody and ask for videos. Same with YouTube, ask people to email you the original files. Sometimes they have a friend or someone they know that took videos but haven’t uploaded it anywhere.

What is also important is to not rush it. Like Hoserama said maybe after the tour there will be better audio/video footage, maybe even for the first few shows.

And like Hoserama said a good idea is to organize it before a show. We did this for the Amsterdam 2015 multicams and it helped a lot with getting good footage.
  11. Good audio indeed , fun to edit again 5 years after my last multicam

it's just for fun for me, for maybe just a youtube edit , and maybe not a complete show, only Achtung baby titles, or something like this . I don't care anymore about contacting everybody who prefers to hoard, I take what is available without pressure . Good luck for biggest projects .
  12. I made a multicam from multiple shows. Each performance is from a singular performance, but overall they’re pulled from multiple nights