U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. First Phish at Sphere show in a few hours. I'm not really a Phish fan, but I am very curious to see what their visuals look like. Even what they have on the screen pre-show versus U2's stone blocks. Just really interested to see another approach and use of this giant screen. Guess we will see with fan pictures/ videos soon enough.
  2. Should be interesting..I hope everyone going has a blast

3. Purple.

No amps on stage. Plexiglass around Jon [drummer].
  4. The few clips I've seen on YouTube make me appreciate U2's show even more.
  5. How ? And you can’t compare. These will be 4 completely different shows set wise and visually. I’m no fan of phish but the two bands are completely different.
  6. Whenever i see that venue i just see U2 , which i guess was part of the point of the bands involvement .
  7. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    How ? And you can’t compare. These will be 4 completely different shows set wise and visually. I’m no fan of phish but the two bands are completely different.
    Purely in terms of the conceptual work behind the visuals and how they fit into the show - I think you can definitely compare those. Phish seeming very screensavery from what I've seen.
  8. The first few videos I saw gave that vibe, but more and more video is coming out showing more elaborate visuals. Let's give it some time...
  9. Yes, not taking into account the audio, just the visuals to me are not on the level of U2. Not sure who the creative/set designer of Phish is, but I believe that Willie Williams & team, experience over the years of integrating visuals and lead time with the Sphere technology, really sets U2 apart.
  10. Unfortunately Phish come with Phish fans who are a bunch of tw**s.

11. Best comment regarding Phish's first night 🤣

12. Some of them are pretty much having a tantrum acting like it's Phish v U2 in a contest. Really weird vibe.

This is a really cool visual.