1. RX7 is a much better scanner overall. Although I'm still very partial to my Alinco DJX-2000, which is still going strong since purchase in 2003.
  2. I will attend a show in 1 month for the first time for 2 Years. I know iem is good for the artist. But to be honest I totally forgot how to use the rx7, the good squelch settings etc. Im even not sure i will take it with me. im in stress with that on me, and i'm not sure to need this anymore, or just to keep pleasure to enjoy live !
    I dont sell the drd2 yet. I dont use it either but its easier to assume on a show.
  3. I always wanted to buy an iem receiver, but I have my doubts ... for example.

If U2 transmits on the "G BAND566-608 MHz" frequency and I have a receiver that uses the "A1: 470 - 516 MHz" frequencies, can I record an instrument ?????
    or the receiver must be the same as the frequency that the band uses ???

I also have another query, what is the difference between "Frequency range" and "Number of frequencies"

i must buy this : https://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-bodypack-receiver-live-sound-ek-iem-g4

this have all frecuencies.
  4. The g4 system is broken up into ranges too.

If you have the incorrect range, then you have an expensive paperweight.

And that's presuming that U2 doesn't switch to Shure system, like 75% of the rest of the big touring acts.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:The g4 system is broken up into ranges too.

If you have the incorrect range, then you have an expensive paperweight.

And that's presuming that U2 doesn't switch to Shure system, like 75% of the rest of the big touring acts.
    Shure PSM 1000 or Sennheiser EK2000 have a broader range too, also not to forget that big names in the game use several ranges for their system.
  6. U2 used all three ranges last tour. We'll see what future brings since the 600mhz is now illegal in the US.

I really hope they switch to the Shure PSM1000. Much better system.
  7. Originally posted by karlheinzu2:[..]
    Shure PSM 1000 or Sennheiser EK2000 have a broader range too, also not to forget that big names in the game use several ranges for their system.
    Wisycom MPR52
  8. Yep Wisycom has wider bandwidth, but the IEM system compander is incompatible with the Shure/Senn system. Pity too, because the IFB system has the ability to emulate other companders, but they didn't include that in the IEM system.

If they had, I'd probably have 8 of those receivers by now.
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Yep Wisycom has wider bandwidth, but the IEM system compander is incompatible with the Shure/Senn system. Pity too, because the IFB system has the ability to emulate other companders, but they didn't include that in the IEM system.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dumZL5_Sy3w

Go to 2:20
  10. Yep, and it'll give you a great mono signal. Iems are much better in stereo.
  11. For sure stereo are far better , but even harder to make good . My best one with icom rx7 is this one

also some good thigs here
    and here

Just depends on the artist material a lot !!
  12. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Yep Wisycom has wider bandwidth, but the IEM system compander is incompatible with the Shure/Senn system. Pity too, because the IFB system has the ability to emulate other companders, but they didn't include that in the IEM system.

Incompatible with Sennheiser feeds especially voice and /or processed ones (feeds drenched in reverb for e.g.). - recording Bono's IEM would result in a mess which software cannot completely restore.
    Otherwise they are way better than Shure / Senn when it comes to reliability.