1. Every month we put a U2 fan in the spotlights, the fan of the month July of 2020 is user Carla_Ramos_10. Read along for the interview we had with this U2 fan.

"My friends don't listen to U2. I think the band is very versatile. U2 didn't have to 'fit' but they need to get new fans and keep up to date, so to speak."

Tell us something about yourself, who are you and what do you do for a living?
    My name is Carla, I'm 20 years old and I'm from Uruguay. I work during the summer. I study financial and management accounting.

How did you become a fan of U2, tell us how it happened?
    When I was six, I listened to my first U2 songs. I remember my dad (he's 48) and my older brother (he's 30) listening U2 a lot. So... I always followed them in his footsteps. Haha. Also I have a friend in the highschool who is fan of the band too. I like musical taste and sensitivity, and U2 has it.

What is it like being a U2 fan in Uruguay, does U2 have a big fanbase?
    There's some Instagram accounts, for example u2uruguay. I'm in touch with some fans from Argentina too. In argentina I found a big fanbase. My mother is argentinian and I have some family living there.
    Speaking of a fanbase, I must say everybody's been real nice here in u2start. I simply want to thank all of you for being so nice

Current music more 'targeted' towards the younger demographic such as yourself, how do U2 fit into this musical landscape?
    Yes it is. That's a good question 'cause my friends don't listen to U2. I think the band is very versatile. U2 didn't have to "fit" but they need to get new fans and keep up to date, so to speak.

What does your U2 collection look like? What kind of stuff do you have and how is it organised?
    My first organised collection is to borrow the cds from my dad and keeping the songs in mp3 files, in my notebook. Lol.
    I prefer digital music. Especially bootlegs, and vinyl audio rips. My dad and my brother have all the albums, dvds, some singles and vinyls too.

When you're forced to leave to a deserted island and you can take only one U2 album with you, which would it be?
    That's actually a really interesting question I never thought about it. Probably... Achtung Baby, one of the first albums I listened. Plus, it has some dance songs and remixes too.

Does anyone in your family or one of your friends like U2? If so, did they introduce you to U2, or did you "convert" them?
    Definitely, my dad and my older brother "convert" me. I think I have no ear for music at six, but they introduce me to U2.

What is your favorite U2 videoclip, and why?
    Mmm. I like more live shows than music videos. So, my favorites videoclips are the full shows. "Zootv tour live at Sydney" "360 Tour at the Rose Bowl" and the last filmed concert "Experience Live in Berlin"

How different is U2 compared to other artists that you like?
    Musically, U2 means a lot to me. They are one of the biggest bands in the world, nothing more I can add to that. I don't like to compare, I'd rather enjoy the music. I don't like to debate, especially when we're talking about art. Music is art.

What are your hobbies and interests away from U2, musical or otherwise?
    I like football, I mean soccer.
    Playing musical instruments is relaxing, although I cannot play any, haha.
    And... in these difficult times I was thinking in get donations to help people due to the coronavirus pandemic. That's my interest, to help people.

Thanks for this interview Carla_Ramos_10!

Note: Our crew members randomly pick fans of the month, you can't sign up for it.
  2. Nice interview and congratulations on being fan of the month!

It's always great to see younger people from all over the world enjoying and getting into U2 still, and long may it continue. That's the great thing about our band, they appeal to people of all ages, and all over the world.
  3. Right? I'm not even a sports fan; I can appreciate though that really only in Canada an U.S. it's called Soccer....the rest of the world. Anyways, cool interview Carla. I had the privilege of visiting your country in 1999. Good to know there's a U2 fan base there! I remember being 16 and hearing U2 for the first time and going "oh wow" and it sounds like that still exists out there!
  4. ¡Felicidades Carla!
    Very nice read, hope to see you around here for a long time.
  5. Sorry for my english, lol.

I want to thank Remy for the invitation and all the fans that have been sent messages to me.

If you want to ask any other questions, are free to write me
  6. Originally posted by Carla_Ramos_10:[..]
    Sorry for my english, lol.

I want to thank Remy for the invitation and all the fans that have been sent messages to me.

If you want to ask any other questions, are free to write me
    I think he means the football thing. That whole world calls it football - because it's played ball by foot, but only U.S. and Canada call it soccer, because they call football something which is mainly played with holding ball in hands
    Btw. nice interview, agree with musoc videos lol
  7. Alvin is right. I wasn't criticising your English, Carla.
  8. Hello Carla, welcome to the family nice to have you here