1. 19 performances at the United Center. Very impressive stats.
  2. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Probably mid-tour boredom as well, playing the same arena four nights on the trot. I think that enables them to explore more, being settled in the same city for a week. But yeah, maybe you're right. Even the last Boston show they played Pride second in the set after Elevation then did a bit of ZooTV.
    Also it's a common thing for them to shake things up in Chicago, they have a connection with that city.
  3. The regular attendees they got fed up of constantly seeing in the front rows?
  4. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    There was only 5 AB tracks and that constituted a redux? Was this the first AB throwback? 2011 and 2018 were the big ones.

This Chicago show was the last one Bono was at before he flew back to Dublin to be there for the birth of his son. He mentioned that next stop in Toronto.

They have played 6 songs from AB a few times in 2011 and 2018 but that is probably the longest sequence of songs that follows another tours order from the fly through to New Year’s Day at the Chicago elevation show.
  5. Not all regular attendees need to be in the front row every night. I’d imagine there would have been a good few people from they cities that went to all 4 shows only in they locations.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Not all regular attendees need to be in the front row every night. I’d imagine there would have been a good few people from they cities that went to all 4 shows only in they locations.
    I said it in jest, because apparently - and someone might need to correct me here - the band were sick of the same people at the front that their crew tried to make it fairer. If you see the start of the Boston DVD, there's loads of people sitting down in the heart 'in protest' because of the band's decision. That's if it was actually the band's decision.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Not all regular attendees need to be in the front row every night. I’d imagine there would have been a good few people from they cities that went to all 4 shows only in they locations.
    Yeah but Kieran is probably referring to the controversy that the band wanted "new faces" for the Boston DVD because they had been seeing the same people in the first rows during many shows. There was a gang of people that travelled all across the US for that first leg of the Elevation Tour.
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    I said it in jest, because apparently - and someone might need to correct me here - the band were sick of the same people at the front that their crew tried to make it fairer. If you see the start of the Boston DVD, there's loads of people sitting down in the heart 'in protest' because of the band's decision. That's if it was actually the band's decision.
    You beat me to it.

If only the band knew back then that was soon going to become a trend and they would see the same faces for 5 years in a row and not only in the US but worldwide
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Yeah I knew you meant it in jest or partly in jest at least because as pointed out what happened in Boston. Sorry if I came across wrong, but I do think the 4 show thing is a logical explanation.
  10. Also let's not forget that the Elevation Tour setup & concept kinda allowed them to shake things up and let loose a bit more (even if they decided not to do it for most of the tour lol).
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah I knew you meant it in jest or partly in jest at least because as pointed out what happened in Boston. Sorry if I came across wrong, but I do think the 4 show thing is a logical explanation.
    Yeah I do, I think at that point in their career with such a 'simple' stage setup they probably wanted to explore a bit of setlist variation. Mind you, they did - swapping songs out here and there during the first leg. But numerous shows normally allow to accommodate that a bit better. Shame it didn't happen during i+e.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:Also let's not forget that the Elevation Tour setup & concept kinda allowed them to shake things up and let loose a bit more (even if they decided not to do it for most of the tour lol).
    You pretty much beat me to it this time, haha!