1993-11-27 - Sydney
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. I just re-watched the stream version again last night. It is amazing how much better than the DVD is quality wise.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:Have never saw this footage before. Getting a paper award while in rehearsal/soundcheck for the first Sydney show without Adam. The band look apprehensive but still manage to joke about it.

Amazed I have never saw this

This reminded me that there was a story about the tour on the Australian version of 60 minutes at the time, which I managed to find online. Very early in the interview, Bono says something that will later be used in the lyrics for HMTMKMKM

3. Originally posted by germcevoy:Have never saw this footage before. Getting a paper award while in rehearsal/soundcheck for the first Sydney show without Adam. The band look apprehensive but still manage to joke about it.

Amazed I have never saw this.

[YouTube Video]

that song at 5:08 sounds a bit like Staring At The Sun/If God Will Send His Angels. Could that be right?
  4. It's Stairway to Heaven.It would be interesting to see some pro shot footage of the 1st Sydney gig without Adam all I could find was some blurry footage from some video camera, that tour really took a lot out of them the pressure of being the biggest band in the world since 87 really came to a head on that tour a lot of bands wouldn't have come through it.Depeche Mode who at the time were as big as U2 really went over the edge, two of them left one permanently, Dave Gahan struggled with drug addiction, Fletch and Gore struggled with Alcohol and depression and Alan Wilder left.

5. Is it? could be, Edge did make that joke a couple of times, but without Bono singing. The singing melody sounds more like one of those Pop songs. I think also both songs originate from the AB/Zoo TV era, so I thought maybe they just did some jamming during this soundcheck? But yeah, could be Stairway To Heaven as well.
  6. Yes, it's Stairway.
  7. Amazing to see the three relatively laid back given the shit storm that landed that day.
  8. They probably thought he'd turn up later after he slept it off, I doubt the alarm bells were ringing at that stage.
  9. TV broadcast uses lots of different angles from the DVD/stream and feels like a different show for it.

10. No kidding. I’ve watched this show sooo many times. Kind of cool to get that curveball and see a different angle than what I’m used to. Also, the couple extra seconds of TV before Real Thing is cool. Just little things like that make it an interesting watch.

11. still have this version on VHS. recorded it from the Czech TV broadcast on 27/11/93
  12. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

This reminded me that there was a story about the tour on the Australian version of 60 minutes at the time, which I managed to find online. Very early in the interview, Bono says something that will later be used in the lyrics for HMTMKMKM

[YouTube Video]
    Amazing find I've said it before, that's probably top5 verses of their whole discography for me. Thanks so much for this