1. Wow, even with the rating I'll have a deeper look when I have the time!

I wish Justin's website was still up, it was such a useful resource for quick comparisons and his quick reviews about the bootlegs were super useful. Oh well.
  2. 13-dec-79 - Offaly - Tullamoore Bar tape can be very interesting.
  3. And what about 21-jul-81 - Köln?
  4. They weren't anywhere on that date so i think we can assume it's wrong. Worse things happen than an incorrect tape date.
  5. But hartford 12 12 1981 seems plausible.

I've said before on here and elsewhere there were recordings on tape trade lists in the early eighties onwards which have never appeared since. I know at least a couple of the missing uk war tour shows existed but I also know they sounded as though they were recorded in a bucket by the sea complete with the tide coming in.

If you look at Grand Rapids 5 12 1981 (2.5 rating on here) seems as though that must be a much lower gen copy as the apparent difference in sound to Gerd's rating is too big.
  6. Isn't Hartford 81 one of the dates famous for having several fake bootlegs floating around?
  7. No idea. You would hope that Bono would say 'Hartford' to make it easy in the same way you could always rely on sting doing but you never know.
  8. Yeah most of the times Bono would acknowledge the city they were playing at least once a show, but not always. We'll see! With such a long list I'm sure there'll be stuff we don't have - or we have in a much lesser quality.
  9. I've started going through 1981 gig by gig. Gerd's rating of 7 seems to equate to a start rating of 3 and 9 seems to equate to 4. I'm just into April 1981 and I've already got 10 queries.
  10. Originally posted by eddiemonsoon:I've started going through 1981 gig by gig. Gerd's rating of 7 seems to equate to a start rating of 3 and 9 seems to equate to 4. I'm just into April 1981 and I've already got 10 queries.
    Haha good man. You better start planning a mass-shipping of all his tapes to your place
  11. I've agreed to try to teach him how to convert. I'm not brave enough to do other people's tapes. check your messages for a couple of possible 1981 improvements from my cassettes.