1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Do you think Zoo Station was also there at all? To me, ZS, EBTTRT, One, So Cruel, MW and Acrobat were completely born from zero in the 90-91 sessions (and this is exactly based upon nothing ).
    We know One and So Cruel were born in the studio. The band has indicated this in interviews. Supposedly Edge came up with the Until The End Of The World riff in his hotel during the Lovetown tour. That is the only one I know for sure was born on tour. Obviously there are others. Probably a lot of fragments of the beginning of some of the songs.
  2. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    We know One and So Cruel were born in the studio. The band has indicated this in interviews. Supposedly Edge came up with the Until The End Of The World riff in his hotel during the Lovetown tour. That is the only one I know for sure was born on tour. Obviously there are others. Probably a lot of fragments of the beginning of some of the songs.
    Where did you read about Until the end?

From what I can make out of the Auckland '89 soundcheck definitely is Arms around the world, albeit with a different bridge. And the other one is a bit of a hybrid, I hear various things in that. Let me see if I can clean up the audio, I downloaded a flac file yesterday..
  3. Have cleaned both songs up from too much wind noise (amateuristically), so can hear much better what they are now:

Have to say "Trying to throw your arms around the World" in that form is epic! Edge does a couple of great guitar solos, and the band is really into it. From halfway bono's trying some "vocal ideas" which at the end sounds very like the "gonna run to you" part. Only difference with the finished song is that they're trying multiple bridges multiple times, none of which ended up on the released version.
  4. The other song is I'd say more of a hybrid between the '87 beach version of Blow your house Down and UV1 / I Feel Free from the salome tapes. And it has some guitar parts that sound similar to the Ultraviolet Album version.
  5. This is where that couple of songs started in '87 where Bono & Edge play and sing along to "She's gonna blow your house down" (that apparently was already on tape)

6. I love your thorough researches, @Melon51!
  7. Haha, it's part of the fun for me

If only I'd get an afternoon in one of their vaults, but guess there'd be more people up for that, haha

I'll see if I can upload a "good-enough" version of the Auckland soundcheck songs later, they're fun stuff..
  8. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Haha, it's part of the fun for me

If only I'd get an afternoon in one of their vaults, but guess there'd be more people up for that, haha

I'll see if I can upload a "good-enough" version of the Auckland soundcheck songs later, they're fun stuff..
    Yeah I'd like to hear these versions with the wind removed and everything Thanks!
  9. Haha, I'm trying with various programs but it's a bit complicated.. The wind is in the same frequency as the Bass for example.. + I'm hardly an expert (yet) with these tools

Will post here when I get a more listenable version out of it!
  10. Any confirmation on the origins of that Real Thing demo? (on pg 2)

EDIT: oh i see from the comments, its actually from the Salome tapes (i dont recall it being on there?) from 90-91. SO its not from 1988 as it claimed to be
  11. Originally posted by marik:Any confirmation on the origins of that Real Thing demo? (on pg 2)

EDIT: oh i see from the comments, its actually from the Salome tapes (i dont recall it being on there?) from 90-91. SO its not from 1988 as it claimed to be
    Real thing was indeed on tapes that were stolen in 1990.

But a version of the song was first recorded alongside Desire in 1988, but not sure if that's the one on the Salome tapes.

What's on the Salome tapes could be from various times/sources. I myself think that only some "live jams" are actually from Berlin, the ones that are long and have Bono calling out chord changes. That is if the tapes were actually stolen in Berlin, and not before in Dublin as some sources said. The rest is either from spring/summer '90, spring '89 sessions or Edge's basement
  12. I tried cleaning up the 2 most interesting tracks from the Auckland soundcheck. Read this Flood interview about producing Zooropa and he claims the 2nd part of the song Zooropa is from a New Zealand soundcheck(?).

Not sure if that would be this track but have a listen for yourself..