1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Songs I'd like to never hear again (but likely will) played 2015-2019:

Pride
    With Or Without You
    Desire
    Angel Of Harlem
    Even Better Than the Real Thing
    One
    Mysterious Ways
    Beautiful Day
    Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    Elevation
    Vertigo
    Magnificent
    The Miracle
    You're The Best Thing About Me
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    American Soul
    Summer Of Love
    Red Flag Day
    The Blackout
    Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way

Almost a whole standard setlist! Pretty much anything from the 'big' ATCYLB/HTDAAB/SoE should be skipped - otherwise, everything is fine.
    I don’t think they’ll play magnificent, the miracle, GOOYOW, American soul, Summer of love, red flag day or the blackout again. From that full list I definitely would be happy if desire, elevation, vertigo and American soul weren’t played again. There’s a few others I wouldn’t mind not hearing again but I’d definitely like love is bigger, stuck in a moment, with or without you, real thing, mysterious ways and one to be played again, although if Bono isn’t going to sing all of One I’d be happy for that to go as well.
  2. Babyface
  3. Any song that didn’t feature on the tour that followed the tour for the album that song was on. I’m sure I could word that better.

Miracle Drug appearing in 2015 immediately disproves my theory but are there many other examples of songs featuring on their album tour then vanishing only to make a comeback at some point?

Edit - Ultraviolet came back too. And what a return though that was a few tours gone.
  4. ABOY
  5. Stay missed Popmart but so did everything else from Zooropa.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:Any song that didn’t feature on the tour that followed the tour for the album that song was on. I’m sure I could word that better.

Miracle Drug appearing in 2015 immediately disproves my theory but are there many other examples of songs featuring on their album tour then vanishing only to make a comeback at some point?

Edit - Ultraviolet came back too. And what a return though that was a few tours gone.
    Trip Through Your Wires and Exit spring to mind, although it's kind of cheating because they wouldn't have ever come back if they weren't celebrating the JT album.

Scarlet is a clear example even though it wasn't performed on the October tour proper, but it fits your criteria.

Love Rescue Me does fit too, it vanished after Rotterdam 90 but came back 20 years later.

Zooropa fits too! And so do Wild Horses and Love Is Blindness (even if it was just for a single show in 2006).

AFAIK there ain't any others.
  7. Newer song but Every Breaking Wave missed both JT2017 and E&I only returning for JT2019. The fly, zoo station and wild horses all made comebacks too after missing Popmart. Dirty day as well came back recently.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:Newer song but Every Breaking Wave missed both JT2017 and E&I only returning for JT2019. The fly, zoo station and wild horses all made comebacks too after missing Popmart. Dirty day as well came back recently.
    I was thinking of longer gaps and therefore dismissed The Fly, which came back in 2001... But good point about Zoo Station and Dirty Day!
  9. I think the other general rule almost and most of the songs mentioned seem to fall into that is they don’t tend to carry many non singles over to future tours except for JT and AB songs.
  10. I thought Zoo Station was gone forever after the Zoo-encore in '05

I thought Zoo Station was gone forever after the one-off performance in '15

I think Zoo Station will be gone forever after its brief narrative stay in '18

but i really really love zoo station so so so so so much