1. Thanks
  2. This recordings is now mirrored on our show pages too with permanent download link.
  3. I think thephog source was just video, if I recall.
  4. Yes it is but the audio can be ripped easily.

Weirder things happen.
  5. You're right--I forgot we used a new audio source for the Hotel Room production. Basic Edge + Bono mix.
  6. http://u2torrents.com/t?id=10060

I had a good laugh rereading my old comments on this project:

Release Notes from sharebear:
    Summer of 2011 was a good run--I saw a bunch of U2 shows, traveled in multiple cities, and collected a nice bunch of stories. Three shows were "hot" shows for me, and I mean temperature hot. For those that see me at shows, I'm generally layered and close to overheating until the sun goes down. Nashville was projected to be hot and humid, but I was determined to make it! I checked into my hotel room right next to the Stadium. They offered me a room facing the stage for an extra $25. For laughs, I said sure and took it. I laughed even harder when I got to the room, and realized the room had a clear view of the stage (and antennas). I dreamed of cords, antennas, and batteries that night. In the morning, I started rigging up the audio stuff, cranked the AC, and decided to hang out in the room for this show. thephog came out from lovely Kansas City, and was clever enough to place his cell phone on the window to record video. From there, we hung out, watched the show, and I kept the A/C at a comfy 66 degrees.

thephog ran two feeds in conjunction with my setup. CPTwister was kind enough to do a mix of those two feeds. Maybe I should get motivated to revisit my mix, but for now, CPTwister's mix will satisfy the world!

Video quality is what you would expect with a cell phone recording from hotel room. At least it has replacement audio as opposed to thephog and Sharebear chatter. In any case--this show adds to the long list of crazy recording location stories. Really good show, loose and energetic performance. Obvious highlight with the impromptu performance of All I Want Is You with audience guitarist.

Flash forward to 2015. thephog made a promise to upload something new and interesting on the boards if the Kansas City Royals won the World Series, and they closed the deal. thephog and I started talking on what would be the best thing to upload. We made a list of 3 unreleased Joshua Tree soundboards, Pop demos, a ZooTV proshot, and Nashville cell phone video and assigned numbers to each. With the roll of the dice, it landed with the Nashville. Neither of us were video guys, so we recruit Chrisedge into prepping the release. He thought mixing it with another camera would make it a lot better, so he channeled his inner Martin Scorsese and went to work. 9 months later and lots of blood, sweat, and tears, we finally have a masterpiece that we could carry to the grave with pride. And now...to release unto the world. Enjoy everybody!

Video Editing Notes: This wasn't the easiest to edit. The hotel shot was distant and almost non-existent audio so I just tried to match it up best as I could. Plus there were times that the phone files did not want to play well with Vegas (different length audio to the video???). Also the in-stadium video often showed the screens vs. showing the band so deciding what I wanted to sync to, made it a little tough. It's not perfect, but given that there isn't a whole lot of Larry drum shots, it should be ok for the most part. Originally, this was just going to be the hotel camera with the IEM audio but adding in the 2nd camera made it more time consuming. (Sorry Phog!)

Dedicated to the 2015 World Series Champions...The Kansas City Royals
  7. Does it have the 3 hours of crew checking that he included?

A little overly excited...ha. There was a ton of cell phone interference that he zapped, so if you hear a bunch of weird smearing sound on the feed, that's the remnants.
  8. Originally posted by hoserama:Does it have the 3 hours of crew checking that he included?

A little overly excited...ha. There was a ton of cell phone interference that he zapped, so if you hear a bunch of weird smearing sound on the feed, that's the remnants.
    Unfortunately no I’m not sure where to find that. It only had the show.
  9. You should get a membership at u2torrents. They all originated there.