1. I'm not trying to be "that guy" by any stretch - I'm genuinely just curious:

How is it "okay" for U2Start to be selling U2 shirts? Did you guys have to reach out to to their organization for permission? Do they just not really care? I only ask because normally this thing wouldn't be kosher!

By the way, the new designs are really great and if I hadn't just bought a new guitar pedal that was way out of my price range, I'd totally buy one or two (maybe down the line!)
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I'm not trying to be "that guy" by any stretch - I'm genuinely just curious:

How is it "okay" for U2Start to be selling U2 shirts? Did you guys have to reach out to to their organization for permission? Do they just not really care? I only ask because normally this thing wouldn't be kosher!

By the way, the new designs are really great and if I hadn't just bought a new guitar pedal that was way out of my price range, I'd totally buy one or two (maybe down the line!)
    Sure thing!

We can do it, but: we cannot use the name U2, nor depict the band members.

And: yes, via via I was told they tolerate us selling these shirts. It's because we make no profit, and what we sell is super marginal.. They need just 10 minutes at a booth at a random show to equal sales we do in 5 years
  3. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Sure thing!

We can do it, but: we cannot use the name U2, nor depict the band members.

And: yes, via via I was told they tolerate us selling these shirts. It's because we make no profit, and what we sell is super marginal.. They need just 10 minutes at a booth at a random show to equal sales we do in 5 years
    Haha right on! Thanks for that, Remy.

I'm surprised "U2Start" doesn't constitute "the name U2" - but I suppose it's not quite the same thing.

And that last part...haha!

Yeah I need to buy some - most if not all of the time, the shirts U2Start sells are better than the ones U2 does themselves!
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

I'm surprised "U2Start" doesn't constitute "the name U2" - but I suppose it's not quite the same thing.

Yeah I need to buy some - most if not all of the time, the shirts U2Start sells are better than the ones U2 does themselves!
    Agreed. Most of it is @FLXone's fault. Félix is a superb designer (and a top guy!) and he's been surpassing U2 official merch's quality for years
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

I spent quite some time arguing with Spreadshirt over U2start, but in the end they were fine with it as its just our site name

All credits indeed to @FLXOne Been doing this since 2015, what a run!

6. Can I request this design to be made possible on a white shirt with the kanji readable? If its possible and not too much trouble! For felix or who ever was the brilliant mind that made it.

Hope you don't mind me asking. Forget it if its too ahort notice. I thought I'd just ask and ses. I am shopping for some new teees.. and would love to have this designs in white. It would look amazing and a bit like the Japanese flag!

Thanks!

@remy
  7. Originally posted by mofothethird:[image]
    Can I request this design to be made possible on a white shirt with the kanji readable? If its possible and not too much trouble! For felix or who ever was the brilliant mind that made it.

Hope you don't mind me asking. Forget it if its too ahort notice. I thought I'd just ask and ses. I am shopping for some new teees.. and would love to have this designs in white. It would look amazing and a bit like the Japanese flag!

Thanks!

@remy
    Let you know soon
  8. grazi!
  9. Chose a shirt and was in checkout. Noticed delivery to Brisbane was between Nov 11 and a week later. Too slow. Brisbane show is on the 12th and I wanted it for then. Not taking the chance that it arrives after that. And standard delivery is AUD$17. Express is AUD$38. Too much! Shame cause I really liked the shirt I picked 😥
  10. Originally posted by BonOzz:Chose a shirt and was in checkout. Noticed delivery to Brisbane was between Nov 11 and a week later. Too slow. Brisbane show is on the 12th and I wanted it for then. Not taking the chance that it arrives after that. And standard delivery is AUD$17. Express is AUD$38. Too much! Shame cause I really liked the shirt I picked 😥
    Sorry about that! Its all Spreadshirt costs, we have no influence on the rates unfortunately.
  11. Originally posted by mofothethird:[image]
    Can I request this design to be made possible on a white shirt with the kanji readable? If its possible and not too much trouble! For felix or who ever was the brilliant mind that made it.

Thanks!

@remy
    Done! Its available on white shirts as well now (separate design).
  12. Got my black album list t-shirt yesterday! It's really nice!

Kinda wish that there was a hoodie with the same design but I can just wear the tee over one instead!