1. U2
    Taboo Rock Club, Scarborough 12 September 1980
    2019 cassette transfer

https://fromsmash.com/v5~uFZtozp-c0

notes on this release:

Following the success of our Springsteen archives in our first year and the euphoric reactions to our Police and Blondie archives in years two and three, year four sees us move onto U2. As in previous years we start with a public upload. I was torn between doing this or the lyceum cassette first and based on an interview being tagged on the end of this that I wanted to hear I went with this. Honestly my ears aren't good enough to tell if it's an upgrade, it does have an annoying noise running through it and a few cuts here and there which i've tried to iron out as best I could so I suspect not. Hey ho it's a 39 year old cassette. Available in mp3 only. With thanks to Jenny from Hull for the cassette all those years ago.
  2. I'll download it and compare. Almost anything would be an upgrade over the existing recording lol ... Let's hope this one doesn't feature the extensive and annoying feedback that ruins Out Of Control completely. Thanks for sharing @eddiemonsoon

EDIT. I didn't know this FromSmash hosting service. It works a great! No fiddling around with 10 different download buttons trying to guess which ones will get a virus into your computer, and no 18kb/s download speeds either. Just brilliant, just like Mediafire used to be!

3. With smash the fiddling bits are on the uploaders side as they should be eg setting the number of days (14 is the maximum unfortunately) and removing the preview but upload and download speeds are fast. All those sites with the loopholes are designed to make you pay for premium and give the uploader some cashback. For anyone wanting a quick guide to uploading smash, go to fromsmash, click your file as usual, click link top right, insert your email, bottom right has a few options, swap 7 to 14 by clicking on it, click the little eye symbol, untick the preview box and save. Good to go.
  4. Originally posted by eddiemonsoon:With smash the fiddling bits are on the uploaders side as they should be eg setting the number of days (14 is the maximum unfortunately) and removing the preview but upload and download speeds are fast. All those sites with the loopholes are designed to make you pay for premium and give the uploader some cashback. For anyone wanting a quick guide to uploading smash, go to fromsmash, click your file as usual, click link top right, insert your email, bottom right has a few options, swap 7 to 14 by clicking on it, click the little eye symbol, untick the preview box and save. Good to go.
    Thanks. If files expire it still doesn't beat Mega in my book. How is it regarding copyright etc?
  5. I haven't a clue how it goes with copyright but yes files expire. Even if you buy a membership they only stay one year. Mega has dropped it's 50gb free accounts and replaced them with 15gb (+35gb temporary which you can make permanent if you're good at jumping through hoops). Those of us who opened a mega account way back still get the free 50gb. Workupload is a good option but tends to have a purge on files sometimes. So these days I would only recommend it as a non-account, very veiled file names, option. There's some great ones, good ones, dead ones and useless ones (degoo) on this list.

https://www.goodcloudstorage.net/cloud-research/free-cloud-storage/