1. I don't consider that song as a U2 song at all. For me is just Mary J. Blige that sings a U2 song with U2 that sounds it. Nothing more. That's because they take part too little to the song.
    About her... Yes, she has a good voice. But she fucked up the song in this case, as almost all of you said.
  2. i like the album version much and much more, i don't like mary screaming around in the song
  3. Her voice is nice, but it isn't anywhere near the album version, let alone live. Luckily she dith it with U2, and not alone, that would really be a disaster.
  4. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyHer voice is nice, but it isn't anywhere near the album version, let alone live. Luckily she dith it with U2, and not alone, that would really be a disaster.

Yes, you're right!! At least in this version there is someone who's really playing One!
    It sounds strange, but in this version U2 "save" the identity of the song itself!
  5. You're all kidding right??

This was a stroke of genius from the boys in U2 to collaborate with one Mary J.

They took a song which had references to broken down family relationships and gave it soul and depth by making it a woman's cry for equality in a relationship with a partner, not family, which is destroying her.

I will admit it would never reduce me to tears like the liver version in Melbourne did last year but good golly miss molly it sure as hell was nice to hear those words in a different tone.
  6. Originally posted by kellogs24You're all kidding right??

This was a stroke of genius from the boys in U2 to collaborate with one Mary J.

They took a song which had references to broken down family relationships and gave it soul and depth by making it a woman's cry for equality in a relationship with a partner, not family, which is destroying her.

I will admit it would never reduce me to tears like the liver version in Melbourne did last year but good golly miss molly it sure as hell was nice to hear those words in a different tone.

This demonstrate that it's all a matter of taste in music and art in general...
    Well, maybe if we don't know the original version of One when we listen to the version U2 made with Mary J. Blige, this last can be considered even a great song. But just comparing this version with the original One or with One played alive by U2... It's now that the version with Mary J. Blige begins to appear "wrong" in some aspects.
    According to me, anyway, also this version itself is "wrong", also not compared with the original One.

I hope I wrote something understendable.....

7. Hi from Brazil to everybody

I don't like this version very much...MJB's voice don't combine with the song One...She's a good singer,but I prefer One only with Bono singing...

see you
  8. She absolutely destroyed it
  9. Nope can't say i like it.. She doesnt have the voice to sing it, its just not her style..
  10. i didn't like her singing at all...but it was nice to hear a re-recorded studio version of One.
  11. Dislike: 15 aproximately.
    Like: 2 or 3...

Well, I think I was right hahaha
  12. I love the original version, first very quite, at the end screamings of Bono... Beautiful lovesong !
    And the new version sounds also very great, refreshing but Mary is just not the one to sing with U2... She's more R & B than U2 i think... Great voice though !