1. Hello all. Songs occasionally go missing from my iTunes library and I'm unable to locate them again. Most recently, this happened to one of my favorite versions of "Bad". I'm looking the performance where Bono complains about drug smugglers "walking through Glasgow Customs while they're stoppin' rock and roll bands." He also changes the lyrics from "silken skies and burning flak" to "let go of that and not want it back. Put gold in your body and it turns to black." I think this was probably in the Zoo TV era, but I haven't been able to locate it.

If anyone knows the show I'm talking about and could let me know the performance date, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. Listened to all live versions of Bad but don’t recall this. Also not in my notes.
  3. Originally posted by Fairbanks007:Hello all. Songs occasionally go missing from my iTunes library and I'm unable to locate them again. Most recently, this happened to one of my favorite versions of "Bad". I'm looking the performance where Bono complains about drug smugglers "walking through Glasgow Customs while they're stoppin' rock and roll bands." He also changes the lyrics from "silken skies and burning flak" to "let go of that and not want it back. Put gold in your body and it turns to black." I think this was probably in the Zoo TV era, but I haven't been able to locate it.

If anyone knows the show I'm talking about and could let me know the performance date, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    that sounds a bit like Slane 1, but not exactly like you typed it out..
  4. Ricku2: Thank you so very much!!! That's it! I must've combined two versions in my head. No wonder I couldn't find it... I was looking in the wrong city and at least 8 years too early. I can have mildly OCD tendencies at times, and I'm afraid to tell you how much this has been bugging me. Super appreciated.
  5. Hmmm. My mystery Bad remains unsolved.
  6. Originally posted by Fairbanks007:Ricku2: Thank you so very much!!! That's it! I must've combined two versions in my head. No wonder I couldn't find it... I was looking in the wrong city and at least 8 years too early. I can have mildly OCD tendencies at times, and I'm afraid to tell you how much this has been bugging me. Super appreciated.
    You're welcome! It's one of my favourite versions as well, and your description just sounded familiar enough.. I thought maybe they did sort of the same lyrics at the next show in Glasgow, so I checked that one first, but that clearly wasn't the case.
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    You're welcome! It's one of my favourite versions as well, and your description just sounded familiar enough.. I thought maybe they did sort of the same lyrics at the next show in Glasgow, so I checked that one first, but that clearly wasn't the case.
    Did you check both Glasgow shows ?
  8. i think the stopping rock n roll bands at customs is during Sunday Bloody Sunday at one of the 1987 Glasgow shows if I remember correctly. probably wrong thou'.