2019-11-19 - Adelaide
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 2

1. All discussions for The Joshua Tree Tour 2019 Adelaide!
  2. I remember going to the Vertigo show in Adelaide 2006 thinking "it's been 13 years since they were last in Adelaide, imagine having to wait 13 years to see them again"

Now here we are, 13 years and 3 days later
  3. Originally posted by Andrew_C:I remember going to the Vertigo show in Adelaide 2006 thinking "it's been 13 years since they were last in Adelaide, imagine having to wait 13 years to see them again"

Yeah, I remember that thinking has it been that long - you went to Melbourne to see 360 though didn't you?
  4. Yeah saw both the Melb 360 shows.

Can't wait to see that stage inside the Oval
  5. Originally posted by Andrew_C:I remember going to the Vertigo show in Adelaide 2006 thinking "it's been 13 years since they were last in Adelaide, imagine having to wait 13 years to see them again"

Haha, incredible. 13+13+13. I wonder if they'll be back i 2032 or that's pushing it a bit
  6. I'll travel to Adelaide and Sydney from Italy, with my wife. She isn't tall, so I think I'll try for seats at least for one night. Are they far from the stage, as I read on Sydney thread?
  7. Yes, kinda.

With the exception of Brisbane's Suncorp stadium, all the Australian venues used for this tour are cricket & AFL grounds. These are oval in shape, & significantly bigger than rectangular rugby fields (like Suncorp stadium & NZ's Mt Smart).

Adelaide Oval is however known to be a very long, narrow cricket ground. At 167m x 123m, Adelaide Oval is approximately 10m longer & 10m narrower than the Sydney Cricket Ground (155m x 136m).

For reference, Brisbane's Suncorp stadium is approximately 136m x 77m. Quite a bit shorter than the other venues, & much, much narrower. I'd expect Suncorp also has steeper tiers, steeper than Sydney at least. Bringing the nosebleed seats a bit closer to the action. Brisbane would be the venue to see the show from the seats, if you get the opportunity (not taking into account sound quality in the seats, which I have no idea about).

If you're not happy siting so far away, I'd recommend GA. If you're not prepared to wait in GA for a very good spot with good views, I'd recommend getting a rail spot in GA, at the back corner of Red Zone. Closer than any seats, sandwiched between the very expensive Red Zone, & the most expensive seats in the house.

8. Thanks!
  9. Adelaide seems to be a bit of waiting...does not open straight like Melbourne, so those who want to go to Adelaide: klick the link already now.
  10. Why does it say on the Ticketek Adelaide page 6 min ... left, I thought it starts at 1.30 (MESZ)?
    is it starting at 1:15??
  11. This Ticketek site looks very amateur hour to me.
  12. Maybe its quicker in the app. I could enter the presale code already which is not possible on the computer.